Horizon Line - You're doing it wrong

I'm trying to do the same.
In factor, this was dead easy.

Sorry I don't have a picture of my cockpit. It's built out of wood and looks a bit dodgy anyway. Guys, OMG, it feels so real. Better than anything requiring 3d glasses. It's just so real you could touch it (which you really can).

I've managed to do the same in f1 2011, using the near clipping planes, but some polygons of the nose still shows up a bit.

Thanks, Zeos for your rants. Although I do hate you now, because I just can't go back to playing with default views. haha.

Alas ... and then there is the poor mans 3 screen setup...sigh.

What's that box on the right side of your rig Dave? It looks like a sequential shifter or handbrake. Not sure.

Alas ... and then there is the poor mans 3 screen setup...sigh.

Horizon line looks A-OK. May have to have a word about how that beard positively or negatively effects your racing. FOV is also a tad high but with small screens well hidden behind your wheel proper might be too close.

Nice vid Dave, one of the most "natural" looking like your driving a car type vid I think I have seen.

I might grow a beard like that, it must be the secret for speed I have been missing though I guess it may take some time... :)

I've got that shifter as well. TSW did a nice job with it. All I need now is the H pattern. Think I might choose the SST Lightning over the TSW, though.

BACK ON TOPIC!

MERFf.jpg

This is the museum AT the Nurbergring in Germany.

Several Simulators are in this video. The F1 sims are set up wrong. The Truck Sim's wheels are too small and that bus sim.. THAT BUS SIM IS AWESOME.. I wouldn't call it a sim since it seems to be sped up quite a bit but it looks to be my dream situation.. Three whole walls worth of projected world!

Bump due to rF2 not having the ability to change this. FOV goes to 20.. But now I am staring at the ground.

20 is still not low enough for you?

No, 21 is fine. I would like the ability to permanently modify the OrientationOffset (tilt up,down) so that where my eyes and monitor are can be aligned with the in-game camera. See this entire thread. or this image. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/F12Bwth2/Forums/HorizonLines2.jpg

rF2's view adjustments should be better than iRacings. So far all they did was lower the fov slider. I expected a full hardware setup screen with custom triplehead angles like...

rF2MonitorSetup3.png

Bump with new (and still crappy) content.

LnBKL.jpg

Also the FOV is wrong and the monitors are too far back. Poor Leo.

JUST A NOTE::: In rFactor2 you can't set the orientation offset globally yet but I have bound the look up to my joystick's throttle and I can use that to set it on the fly without releasing free cam.

Last edited:
What about this? This company created training center for GP3 and GP2 teams, and it's based on rFactor 1. The simulator itself is awesome, big screen and in full motion.

That is my GOTO youtube channel for doing it right FOV and view setups.

The screen look weird in this video, mostly because the eye view is way above the platform. This simulator's using rFactor Pro.

Back