Setting up your rFactor FOV - Tutorial

I thought we'd got past bezel peeking? Oh well... let us know if you find anything.

Well, if you look my pictures, post from TechAde and Spinelli I can not think it can be anything else.

Yes, the view on a 6000x1080 bezel corrected display and a 5760x1080 non-bezel corrected display will be different, but only on the side monitors. The view on the centre monitor should be identical.

And edit:

Which Spinelli appears to have confirmed, thanks!

I think the in-game cameras are always locked to 45 degrees because, if I recall correctly, ISI stated this in the RF1 patch release notes which first introduced multiview.

Well, I have to admit if you take it at face value that it's set to 45° then everything else you said is perfectly reasonable. I just disagree on that first bit ;)

For what it's worth the 1.250 notes I have say this:

MultiView: three viewports with standard field-of-view are used. This mode is preferred for multi-monitor setups, but does require more powerful hardware to achieve playable framerates. Each viewport uses the FOV settings from the UI display options, so you can easily achieve a total FOV of well over 200° and higher with no fisheye distortion. When using this mode, it is best if your monitors are angled in proportion to the FOV, at an angle of (FOV / 2).

The amusing part is that seems to suggest half the FOV, which I think you'd have to assume is horizontal FOV though it doesn't say it; but if your screen covers 30° of your view horizontally, then from the centre to the edge is 15°, and from that edge to the centre of the side screen is another 15° (let's ignore bezels!), so an image centred there would have to be 30° rotated from the centre, which isn't half the FOV at all.

I guess what gets to me is the 45° gets repeated everywhere because it's repeated everywhere; no one seems to think about whether it makes sense :eek:

Well, if you look my pictures, post from TechAde and Spinelli I can not think it can be anything else.

Yeah, you have a good point there. I was thinking along the lines of, if you're not using bezel peeking and it's still stretched/squashed, as per your tests, it's not the bezel peek. But I guess if the symptoms match bezel peek then somewhere somehow it's probably bezel peek. Hope you find an answer, because although it's not too extreme as far as stretching goes I know it's strange being stuck with 'out of shape' images.

I forgot to reply to this thread when I found reason what was the problem with non working bezel correction and scaling, sorry about that guys.
The reason was simply broken Nvidia driver. Scaling and bezel correction was not working with driver ver. I was using.

:)

Back