Track road/walls not being illuminated by headlights

wwwxl

I have been trying to change some skyboxes and other stuff on some tracks to play at night, the skyboxes work fine but I encountered a problem with a few of the tracks. The headlights of the cars are not illuminating the road and other objects of the track. Here's a picture that show the issue:

ekdVtyR.jpg

On top, a track that works fine, on the bottom one of the track that has the issue, you can see the man being illuminated but the wall and road is not. I checked the object material of both track and they both use the same shader and properties, and in the .scn file they both appear like this:

Code:
Instance=wall0_s0
{
  MeshFile=filename.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True
}

What could be causing this problem?

That information is stored in the mesh file itself.
I guess you use 3DSimEd, right?

I don't have it on the machine i'm now online with, so i maybe don't tell you the right terms, but from the memory:

Load e.g. all road meshes as objects into the 3DSimEd.
Mark them all and select "set tags".

Now you have to check the box "lit at night" and, of course, set all other needed properties of the loaded meshes.
After finishing theses settings, export the objects and the cars headlights should illuminate them now.

That information is stored in the mesh file itself.
I guess you use 3DSimEd, right?

I don't have it on the machine i'm now online with, so i maybe don't tell you the right terms, but from the memory:

Load e.g. all road meshes as objects into the 3DSimEd.
Mark them all and select "set tags".

Now you have to check the box "lit at night" and, of course, set all other needed properties of the loaded meshes.
After finishing theses settings, export the objects and the cars headlights should illuminate them now.

Thanks a lot, that worked.

Back