Graphics card issues

That would be correct, I didn't have it there when I did a clean install either, mine is from Wombats fix, tried adding it and removing it several times and definately srews up the graphics, seems to only effect one track for me though? Sort of points to DirectX doesn't it?

You saying rF reads uninstalled rar pack files? I thought (not that i would know) that its not possable.

The support folder only contains DirectX redistributables and isn't used by rFactor. d3d9.dll is a part of Direct3D, some add-on developers use it to hook into Direct3D to overlay graphics onto the screen, like TV Style and rFDynHud do. The "FPS Fix" add-on is another example. I think there are at least two variants of it where Wombat's is one, and the other one is by the guy who wrote RealFeel, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not exactly sure what those FPS Fix things do, but I vaguely remember that it has something to do with utilizing video memory buffers to a greater extent than what rFactor does by default.

@Jouni: Is your DirectX up to date? Not sure it would matter, but if you haven't updated it for a while, it might be worth a shot.

never knew about updating directX, but just a moment ago got a link to it and done the update, so lets see if it helps out for me.

didnt fix it, although it did however reduce some of the artifacts. (I have a replay save of a race at Thruxton to see the difference)

There's a new official nVidia beta display driver out now, 275.27. The main improvements are supposedly better performance on 400 and 500 series cards, particularly on dual core CPU's where the CPU was previously a bottleneck, and improvements on scaling. I haven't done any real tests yet, but the overall impression hints that the FPS is better and the game runs smoother. I also got some new AA options (CSAA) in the standard nVidia Control Panel, which I haven't seen before. (I'm not using the nVidia Inspector) When using 8x CSAA, quite a bit of the texture aliasing effects I saw before are gone. It's not as good as with SGSSAA though, but with far less performance drop.

intsalled the 275.27 driver and went back to the old saved replay (Thruxton) that showed artifacts, and they was gone away now.
Not convinced though, time will tell as i keep on racing............

Back