Setting up your rFactor FOV - Tutorial

Building a huge multi-monitor setup may be expensive but moving your current, single monitor closer to you costs nothing. I have seen many setups where 22" monitors sit over three feet away. If you can comfortably move the monitor to say 24-26 inches away using proper FOV is much more manageable.
Of course. My 32" TV is as close as technically possible in my room although I'd like it closer still. Yet I'd probably have to put it in direct contact with my nose (and I'm not a Kubica look alike) to fill my field of view and thus be able to use realistic FOV and have the same view as I'd have in a real car (albeit keeping my head in a fixed position).
My point was that one shoud try to get the most realist out of the tools is available, yet not sacrifice somewhat realistic level of awareness for close racing. By the way that's another reason why hood and bumper cameras are a bad choice.

Last edited:
My 32" TV is as close as technically possible in my room although I'd like it closer still. Yet I'd probably have to put it in direct contact with my nose (and I'm not a Kubica look alike) to fill my field of view and thus be able to use realistic FOV and have the same view as I'd have in a real car (albeit keeping my head in a fixed position).

Can I ask what v-FOV you run at?

As you say, it's not practical to use a single (flat) screen and fill your vision in a realistic way. You can get most of the way there with 3 fairly large screens, horizontally at least (in a sedan your vertical view is limited by the dash/bonnet(/hood :)) and roof, and you can never choose to drive any higher or lower than the ground anyway [apart from jumps], so for the purposes of being able to race with others I don't think vertical vision is crucial).

The question is, if you're looking to get close to true perspective but want to maintain a practical (for racing) field of view, what should you be aiming for?

If we start with rFactor defaults as a base, it wouldn't have been too uncommon to have a 1280x1024 screen in the early days, and on a 'normal' rFactor v-FOV setting (let's say 75°) that would give you 87.6° H-FOV. [note that the FOV ratio isn't linear with the screen ratio; see below**] You could probably use that as a bare minimum setting, any less than that and you can't really see enough around you to be able to race with a good idea of what's going on.

On a more normal ratio of 4/3 (800x600, 1024x768), that 75° vertical gives 91.3° horizontal, so a bit more there.

I'll throw in my settings and screen as a third example, I run 60° v-FOV on 16/9 (1920x1080), which gives h-FOV at 91.5°. I must admit I've never calculated this before, and from pretty early on in rFactor I set my v-FOV to 60° (while using 5/4, 4/3, and 16/10 screens) so while I tend to feel I now have pretty good peripheral vision it's obviously not much better than default :eek:

**(FYI [and you may choose to skip this bit] my calculated h-FOV figures might seem a bit confusing; the farther away a screen is the more its h-FOV : v-FOV ratio will start to resemble its actual pixel ratio, but when a screen is actually occupying 75° vertically its edges are receding at a fair rate due to perspective - so the horizontal increase is greatly reduced. It's actually easier to calculate this directly using simple trigonometry than the triangle calculator in the first post, since you need to work out the hypotenuse to use it)

Now, obviously in this case more is better - having apparently severely limited myself with a 5/4 screen I'm much happier with my current setup (for seeing cars around me) and no doubt I'd be happier still if I had 100° or 110° or 120+°... but given the figures above let's assume 91.5° is a fair minimum h-FOV for racing. Since this matches my setup we already know what v-FOV we need for a 16/9 screen: 60°.

So, how close do different size 16/9 screens need to be to achieve 60° v-FOV?

22": 9.3" (23.7cm)
24": 10.2" (25.9cm)
32": 13.6" (34.5cm)
42": 17.8" (45.3cm)

Feasible? Not really. (to avoid ambiguity I probably should just say, "No." ;))

Go for 3 screens, on the other hand, and suddenly you only need 17.4° v-FOV to achieve the minimum 'practical' h-FOV in total (91.5°, so 30.5° per screen). Distances:

22": 35.2" (89.5cm)
24": 38.4" (97.6cm)
32": 51.2" (130.1cm)
42": 67.2" (170.8cm)

Not only is this feasible, only on the smallest screens is the viewing distance actually a realistic figure - on the larger screens (and probably even the 24") you would want the screens closer, giving you higher v-FOV and improving your peripheral vision above our stated minimum. And let's be honest, 17.4° isn't a lot, even for the relatively unimportant vertical orientation. (tight oval racing could be difficult, I imagine)

-

Sorry to throw all these figures in here, but I think ZeosPantera has (quite ironically, given he uses a single screen) clarified an issue triple-screen users should be aware of; namely, they have the opportunity to achieve proper perspective without cutting down their awareness too much, and I think some actual examples help highlight that. (and, I think a lot of 3-screen users blame rFactor for 'warping' on their outside screens because they don't realise how low their FOV needs to be for things to be correct - rFactor's fairly high default FOV doesn't help)

Also, the first set of figures above perhaps illustrates why a lot of single-screen users aren't willing to implement proper perspective given that it cuts down so much on their in-game vision (or requires an extremely close screen). ZeosPantera is happy to cut down his FOV to get realistic perspective, but I'd suggest most people are not.

PS Hoping I have no maths errors in all this, tried to double-check everything :D

geez laz, your wife must get lonely....
rofl, hey wheres the graph\pie chart, pmsl.

let's assume 91.5° is a fair minimum h-FOV for racing.

A quick graphic showing how little actual peripheral vision is gained between 90-60-40 horizontal.

HFOVComare.png

The car on the left would show @ 90° but doesn't show @ 60° or 40° which is a common H-fov for single monitor users. But even at 90° Horizontal the car passing on the right does not appear on screen at all.

Point being.. Track IR or Look Left-right keys are needed regardless of your FOV. You just can't see what is directly beside you (period)

Last edited:
@Lazza
My 16/9 1920x1080 "32 TV is about 85cm in front of my eyes, I wish I could push the cockpit further under the table where the TV stands, but it doesn't fit. I try to set FOV so that I can see about 2/3-3/4 of the dashboard without distorting the perspective too much, it's mod dependant but is mostly in the 40-60 range. Most of the time I use Endurance Series mod where I set FOV to 50.
As you mentioned vertical visibility is not that important in circuit racing once you take your time to learn the track and have your markers within what's visible from the cockpit. It's the horizontal angle that matters.

@ZeosPantera
Judging by your videos you can't see what is almost directly in front of you (period). :)

I don't have trackIR, and don't use look left/right keys. Fixed cockpit camera helps to feel what the car is doing, kind of compensates to lack of G-forces to me. Besides pressing buttons while driving a car with a stick in the middle of an overtake is a bit of a one-man-band situation.

@ZeosPantera
Judging by your videos you can't see what is almost directly in front of you (period). :)

All I see is the road in front of me, but I can still hear if someone is to the side/behind me. Going into a turn if I am on the racing line, there are only so many places for other cars to be. Seeing the glimpse of a bumper or hearing the growl of an engine dictate the same response. Stay on your line and if they hit you there is nothing in the world a 200 degree fov would have helped anyway.

My advice is stop concerning yourself so much with other people on the track. They are there, and will always be there, but their presence shouldn't force you to drive differently. The first thing you should learn is stay on your driving line and be predictable to stay out of accidents. If your passing someone else you have to use your own discretion and most likely can't see your rear quarter panel regardless of this being sim or racing in real life.

Still my defacto video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWV0_u0r-Hk&hd=1

Last edited:
I've just swapped to a 32" 1024x768.
Calculator said I need 25.
Edited car to reflect this.

Car was very very twitchy when turning.

Physics won't change with different FOV. It's you, who started to drive in a different way with new FOV :)

Physics won't change with different FOV. It's you, who started to drive in a different way with new FOV :)

Nope not me.
Screen was twitchy,like it was moving from left to right or right to left too quickly.

Nope not me.
Screen was twitchy,like it was moving from left to right or right to left too quickly.

I imagine the head movement (such as look-ahead) would still be the same angle. That would make it more pronounced when you lower your FOV. Try reducing your head movement options and see if that helps. It would obviously be easier to adjust if you had your head movement off (before and after the FOV change), but a bit of tweaking should get you there.

The reason LesiU said it was you is that you said the car was very twitchy - when you obviously meant screen movement.

The car on the left would show @ 90° but doesn't show @ 60° or 40° which is a common H-fov for single monitor users. But even at 90° Horizontal the car passing on the right does not appear on screen at all.

Point being.. Track IR or Look Left-right keys are needed regardless of your FOV. You just can't see what is directly beside you (period)

Well I was going to respond to this, but you did it for me:

... but I can still hear if someone is to the side/behind me. Going into a turn if I am on the racing line, there are only so many places for other cars to be. Seeing the glimpse of a bumper or hearing the growl of an engine dictate the same response. Stay on your line and if they hit you there is nothing in the world a 200 degree fov would have helped anyway.

My advice is stop concerning yourself so much with other people on the track. They are there, and will always be there, but their presence shouldn't force you to drive differently. The first thing you should learn is stay on your driving line and be predictable to stay out of accidents. If your passing someone else you have to use your own discretion and most likely can't see your rear quarter panel regardless of this being sim or racing in real life.

Anyway, I did say minimum, and considering that's equivalent to what most people will have out of the box I'd still stand by it. Even the diagram you posted shows that a car close enough to run into will be visible nearly as soon as it moves ahead, and I find that useful when negotiating slow turns at close quarters. Since I've kept 60° FOV from a 5/4 screen to a 16/9, I have experienced the difference and do find it worthwhile. And I'm sure I would appreciate having more if I had the screens to do it, despite the fact I can already race pretty cleanly.

Not too sure where you get 60° and 40° h-FOV from though, considering most people probably only go that low after reading your FOV thread. As I said, default even on nearly square screens is above 85°.

My advice is stop concerning yourself so much with other people on the track. They are there, and will always be there, but their presence shouldn't force you to drive differently. The first thing you should learn is stay on your driving line and be predictable to stay out of accidents.
Thanks for advice. So if a car gets side by side before the corner you should take your normal line and force it out of the track?

Having raced with three old 4:3 CRTs for years when my TH2Go packed up I replaced them with a single wide screen LCD. I felt that the most critical point was where a car is in your blind spot even with three monitors. What I failed to realise is the extra info when passing or being passed by a car in terms of the relative speed between cars. I found myself unsure when I would be past or be passed by missing this relative speed difference in my peripheral view. I could be overtaken and waiting for the car to come into view before turning in and missing the opportunity to get back on the power. Basically it took away a massive amount of the actual racing experience. I took the plunge to Eyefinity and three wide screens. I couldn't possibly go back to a single screen with a low FOV except for a rally sim.

Thanks for advice. So if a car gets side by side before the corner you should take your normal line and force it out of the track?

Nope. You should know about another car because of way how situation on the road is changing. Not because you watching surroundings by your eyes. ZeosPantera is right in this point.

Heh, it's amazing how people are trying to find new complex explanations for simple stuff... ;-) MystaMangoo, if that's the case, then actually there is nothing "twichy" about it. It's just a consequence of having low FOV, like you would have in real life, that's all! Do simple test: while you are sitting in front of your monitor, move your head sideways. Now, roll your hands to form a tube and then look through it with one eye (close your second one. If you're a pirate or cylop, then you don't have to ;-) ). Now, when looking through it (so, having very limited FOV), do the same head movement. Interesting, isn't it? Now, still looking through your hand-tube, try to walk to your next room or whatever... just try to walk with such view. That's exactly what you are experiencing with low (but proper!) FOV in sim, with just one screen. Tadaa! ;-)

I could be overtaken and waiting for the car to come into view before turning in and missing the opportunity to get back on the power.

Yep, this is why I feel there is a certain 'requirement' for h-FOV. It's not so much about placing your car to avoid getting hit (which you can usually manage with your mirrors) but actually racing wheel to wheel through corners. I used to find it very very difficult but as I've moved to wider screens (with the same v-FOV) I've found it easier, but more would always be better.

Sure, if you have low-FOV on a single screen you could keep an eye on the car on your inside halfway around a corner by using look-ahead... but if you happen to also be behind (or, especially, behind and slightly inside) a second car, you can't get the power down because you don't know if you're going to hit it - because you can't see it :D

So, for racing, I think you need to have a minimum FOV, and the more the merrier.

Even if you had 180° of horizontal vision there would still be a blind spot between your forward display and the rendered mirrors in-game. It would also be a terrible thing to look at.

rFactor2011-06-0623-41-50-87.jpg

Not too sure where you get 60° and 40° h-FOV from though, considering most people probably only go that low after reading your FOV thread. As I said, default even on nearly square screens is above 85°.

Going to 120° adds a predictable amount. And 90♣° in a race sim I'd say is the absolute maximum for a single screen, What little peripheral view you are gaining translates to far and away a more dangerous scenario. You have to concern yourself with someone directly to the left or right occasionally, but you are always driving forward. Looking for braking markers and judging the brake distance of cars in-front.

bmw-.png

Last edited:
Even if you had 180° of horizontal vision there would still be a blind spot between your forward display and the rendered mirrors in-game. It would also be a terrible thing to look at.

Uh... if you had 3 big screens covering 180° of your (real) vision, it would be a great thing to look at - apart from any problems with the cockpit not being fully drawn of course :)

Your screenshot looks ugly because it doesn't match your real FOV.. same as people watching your videos think they're ugly and don't understand the whole perspective thing because it doesn't match their FOV (either through screen size/placement, or because they watch it in windowed mode). Others just see your low FOV as impractical, and for the reasons discussed earlier and below I'm inclined to agree.

And 90♣° in a race sim I'd say is the absolute maximum for a single screen, What little peripheral view you are gaining translates to far and away a more dangerous scenario. You have to concern yourself with someone directly to the left or right occasionally, but you are always driving forward. Looking for braking markers and judging the brake distance of cars in-front.

How can you make a thread all about setting up realistic FOV and then set a maximum? What if someone projects an image to cover their entire wall, filling 140° of their horizontal view? Wouldn't 140° h-FOV look great???

Going to 120° adds a predictable amount.

As I said, I've noticed and appreciated the extra view as I've moved to wider screens. Hence I'm pretty sure I'd appreciate an extra 30°. Of course you know when a car's inside without being able to see it - but as Tony pointed out, knowing when you can get back on the power and try to get back under them isn't easy if you can't see them. You could remedy this with look-ahead, and lose visibility to the outside (or even in front), use head-tracking so you can see where you want to see, or use a higher FOV to increase your vision. I don't have head-tracking, I don't use/like look-ahead, so higher FOV would suit - if I had the screen space so it doesn't look ugly.

Yes, your diagram is correct, and it's obviously not adding all that much. But that could mean seeing a car half a metre earlier, getting on the power 10 metres earlier in the corner, and getting into a position to make a pass down the next straight, instead of waiting to find out where they are in case you drive into them.

I think there's little doubt the best way to race would be to have 270°+ displayed, allowing you to turn your head and actually look at where other cars are, just like real life. I see no reason why being halfway there isn't better than one-third.

Even if you had 180° of horizontal

Sorry, forgot to mention.. you might notice your picture doesn't actually cover 180° horizontally. Screen ratio doesn't translate to FOV ratio. I believe you'd only get 134.6° h-FOV with that screen and 112.5° v-FOV - hence the bricks/pavers to the left aren't rotated 90° at the left screen edge.

How can you make a thread all about setting up realistic FOV and then set a maximum? What if someone projects an image to cover their entire wall, filling 140° of their horizontal view? Wouldn't 140° h-FOV look great???

I set this imaginary limit of 90 for a single screen setup out of good will to newbies and some experience with sitting super close to a single screen and adjusting the fov.(My friend thinks 60° H should be a maximum for racing sims on a normal sized monitor). Even a projector broadcasting a 200" screen I would limit it to 90 and force the user to sit further back. It would be a waste of time staring at giant pixels accomplishing more then 90° on a projected image or large screen.

I set this imaginary limit of 90 for a single screen setup out of good will to newbies and some experience with sitting super close to a single screen and adjusting the fov. ... It would be a waste of time staring at giant pixels accomplishing more then 90° on a projected image or large screen.

Ok, yep, resolution is another issue entirely, fair enough. (not sure what you mean by the newbie comment though)

Pandamasque said earlier he uses a 32" at normal viewing distance (85cm), I've tried 42" at similar distance and was surprised the pixels weren't as bad as I'd imagined - noticeable, yes, but not large enough to be offputting. If you happened to have a 2560 wide screen you could keep the same apparent size and be up above 70°, so maybe between 75 and 80 if you move just a little closer, but I'm guessing 90° and above would be getting a bit too extreme.

Still, as far as I know there isn't necessarily an upper limit on resolution, so the angle itself need not be a problem. ("single-screen" could also describe multiple projectors/screens working together to produce one flat image, though I'm sure most people would elect to use 3+ in an arc instead)

While we're on the subject, one thing I find intriguing: MystaMagoo said he uses a 32" screen at 1024x768? Was this a typo? How close is it? Gotta be some chunky pixels on that thing at short range... :D (ex-TV I suppose)

While we're on the subject, one thing I find intriguing: MystaMagoo said he uses a 32" screen at 1024x768? Was this a typo? How close is it? Gotta be some chunky pixels on that thing at short range... :D (ex-TV I suppose)

Yep it's a TV that only does 1024x768.
It's 3ft (about 91cm) away from my eyes.

Old (but newer) 26" did 1366x768.
Not much difference pixel wise really but bigger screen is better.

Yep it's a TV that only does 1024x768.
It's 3ft (about 91cm) away from my eyes.

Cool, thanks. Assuming square pixels and 32" viewable, that makes the pixels about 0.64mm across. I wonder what the point is where they are getting too big/close to look 'ok' ? When you think about it, we used to play games on 320*2xx with 15" screens and at the time it was ok, but if you go back now it's pretty hard to live with, so I suppose it's just a matter of personal taste. Blurry vision can be good sometimes :D

The other aspect (hmm... bad pun) is effective resolution when looking into the distance, something Zeos has an absolute ****load of with such a low FOV on a high resolution screen. If you're looking at a decent width track (15m) 250m down the road (3s away at 300km/h) it's only 3.44° of arc - 200 pixels on his setup, vs 41 pixels on a feasible 'normal' setup (75° v-FOV at 1680x1050). If that second one is 'ok' for picking out details in the distance, you could keep the same effective resolution by having a 1920x1200 image occupying 82.6° v-FOV (109° h-FOV) - the difference being that instead of saying "I can't quite see the next corner, it's too small" you would say "I can't see the next corner - there are squares in the way" ;)

Anyway, obviously getting off-topic and I think I've thrown enough obscure math in here to support some of my arguments.

If I could just close by saying, while I do have some reservations about using low-FOV settings to achieve proper/true perspective due to the practicalities of racing, I think it's something everyone should try setting up and having a go at so that you understand what it actually means and does.

And, if somewhere down the line you happen to have enough screen area to be able to run true perspective while being comfortable with what you can see around you, you'll be aware of the possibility - because although there's bound to be a bit of a transition period, there's no doubt that seeing the track/curves/hills around you in their proper proportion and position is pretty neat :)

Assuming square pixels and 32" viewable, that makes the pixels about 0.64mm across. I wonder what the point is where they are getting too big/close to look 'ok' ?

I install Home Theaters so I live and die by these graphics. Amazing how many people sit too far from their 1080P TV's and don't get any benefit.
ResolutionsCharts.png

I believe these are based on perfect 20:20 vision.

As for the number of pixels an object occupies vs its angle of your viewpoint to the object the ideal setup (proper FOV) allows the object to be viewed at the correct real life angle compared to.. real life. It is just matching the resolution of the human eye with a monitor that becomes the issue. The chart above shows the crossover points to where an average human can no longer pick up on pixels and just sees a solid image. It is a strait line so you can change the numbers to inches or centimeters to help calculate for monitors.

100" 1080P screen is best at 13 feet. So.... 20" 1080P screen is best at ~31"

Last edited:
This guys setup is doin' it right.

I love the hardware setup. Metal shelf.. 80/20 mount.. Massive Screen.. DONE!

I messaged this person on YouTube and his reply stated he was a real life rally driver and said proper FOV

"looks good at the first time but once you start driving, I feel like everything is closer than in real life. The steering is so much sensitive and something more.
I think it can be setup problem. I haven't got so much time to test it."

I am hoping he shows up here because that is some beautiful hardware. Just want to see it set up right.

Last edited:
Screen waste is there! LOL!

I'm trying to setup my FOV but is not easy. One thing I realized is the lost of speed sense when I almost there. It's quite strange. :(

Screen waste is there! LOL!

I'm trying to setup my FOV but is not easy. One thing I realized is the lost of speed sense when I almost there. It's quite strange. :(

The sense of speed isn't lost, it's corrected ;) You get use to it. Now if I go to anything higher then 20V I feel like I am doing a million. Don't forget to change the cockpit movement and screen shake. https://community.racesimcentral.net/showthread.php/725-Editing-your-.PLR-file

Here is a run my friends and I completed tonight where speed wasn't lost at all. Eight foot wide roads tend to bring that about. Do wish I had the second and third monitors going.

Last edited:
Hi Zeos, let's see if I'll really get use to it. When the car was stopped the viewing was perfect, I’m using a second monitor to gauges (standalone software: rDisplay2: http://cdn.pitwall-project.com/img/screenshots/rdisplayinaction.jpg) and put a 40” led TV behind it. Then I measured distances and got the FOV, edited in game and in *.CAM of each vehicle I was driving. The in-game horizon line is well positioned at the same level of my eyes.

But, when I was going to the track, the far track objects are really “bigger” than normal. In fact, they were huge (far horizons or trackside buildings, for instance) in comparison to the non-adjusted FOV view.

As the far objects appear to be bigger than normal, they don’t “increase” their size as before when you are running in their direction. Thus, the speed sensation is decreased, or actually is corrected as you stated.
BTW, that’s true, I forgot to set the head / cockpit movement. I’ll do that.

Other thing is the track is a huge park without close objects as we see in your video above, maybe it’s was harming the evaluation a little bit.

Actually here is a bit of good example of what your suppose to be doing..

You start out with this normal enough looking desk..

1VIbN.jpg

Then you overlay a real car's cockpit over it.

CockpitOverlay.jpg

If you like you can grab a triplehead. All be it this example has them in portrait.

CockpitOverlay3.jpg

That is what I am talking about. Now to just build that cockpit and get the view right in the screens.

Setting up right FOV angle over 3 monitors in rfactor

Hi everybody. I have been reading this amazing post and I have to say it was very usefull to me.

I own a 19" monitor situated at 80cm, so when I calculated my FOV angle I cried.

Finally I'm getting 3 24" screens and an ati hd 6870 to get them in eyefinity configuration.

I calculated the vertical and horizontal FOV for my new setup, resulting in FOV_v = 28º, FOV_h = 150º. My question is, how do I set my horizontal FOV?

In rfactor you can set your vertical FOV, and then, the game calculates your horizontal using the ratio of your screen, is that right?

The problem is that if rfactor calculates my horizontal fov in that way, It will be wrong, since I can change my horizontal FOV simply by changing the angle between my screens. I think rfactor would do the maths for one flat triple screen, not for 3 of then pretending to be curved.

So finally, How do I setup this propertly?

thank you guys.

Yes, rFactor 1 takes vertical FOV (which is defined by a user) and calculates horizontal FOV using ratio of your resolution.

You have no influence on how rF calculates horizontal FOV. You have 2 choices:
1. Treat your 3 screen setup as one big flat area
2. Use Multi-View option and set your side monitors at angle, so that all three will be perpendicular to your line of sight, when you look at each of them (might sound complicated because I don't know how explain that in english, but I hope you know what I mean :) ).

Thank you for the quick reply.

Treating my 3 screens as a big flat one is not an option, since I'm using about 45º angle between them in order to have 150º of FOV_v and using like a flat one will result in a big distorsion and a waste of money. Of couse my 3 monitors are perpendicular to my point of view.

I suppose it's multiview the option I need.

I am going to use one graphic card, ati 6870 which could manage 3 screens, but I don't know If I need to group all the displays to behave like a big one using eyefinity, or use them separately using extended desktop in order to make multiview from rfactor work. What does exactly multiview do?

Besides, How do you configure multiview? Is there a tutorial out there or something?

Thanks in advance.

MultiView provides 3 independent POVs (Point Of Views). With 3 monitors, it's like you would have 3 heads, each of them looking at one monitor :)
You will notice that whether or not use MultiView, depends on your monitor layout. You will find that with that option enabled, having one big flat area will make side views not in line with center monitor.
On the other hand, without MultiView, having side monitors at high angles will look unnatural.

I won't help you wth Eyefinity as I didn't have a chance to use it. You have to figure that for yourself. Good luck!

So If I had understood that well:

With multi-view on: I will have a correct view of each screen independently using high angles between displays, but the side ones, are going to have a little step respect the center one so won't be aligned.

With multi-view off: It will be a great distorsion under high angles between monitors, but they will be aligned.

Can I use mult-view and correct the line between displays some how? or what does the people do normally when they want to use angles of aproximately 45 degrees?

I know eyefinity has a corrector for this efect, but eyefinity creates a big panel and I don't know if rfactor need extended desktop with the 3 screen or if multiview can be used just with one screen for example. In that case, I can use eyefinity plus multiview.

Sort of ;-)
With MultiView, picture on your side monitors will be displayed in a such way, that to have it aligned with center monitor, you have to have side monitors at angle.

Without MV you won't have huge distortion... ok, maybe a little at the edges of side monitors but that's because you have wide view you want to have when looking straight on center monitor.

I think, instead of asking more questions, you just have to see how it looks in both modes. That will be better and faster to understand the differences for you :)

Back