So....who has PCars?

I mean to remember that I read somewhere that ISI made the physics for the Corvette.?
Same with the NSX, not?
Would be a shame if ISI haven´t double-checked data.
Double-confused, because I thought Niels never made any rF2-physics, what was pretty much the initial statement that leads to the topic NH.....:confused:
They were converted, using the original rF1 as the base. Basically no research on the part of us to validate from rF1, yet it was correct, which means the rF1 version was.

Pro`s and Con`s about pCars?

Con`s
- AI controlled Pitlane
- FFB very difficult to set up
- Physics seems Console optimised
- Modding unfriendly
- more?

Pro`s
- changeable Weather
- environmental ambiance
- career
- driver stats and info
- ready to drive, no addons
-
-
-

Last edited:
The basic handling isn't that different, it's all about the tire model. The HDV file and other car parameters you can almost straight copy from rF1 mod to rF2, as there aren't a lot differences. I bet those are 99% same from Niels mod, only big new thing is chassis flex. Rest is all about the tire model, which makes any car feel better on rF2 than rF1 imo.
I'm willing to bet, besides the new tyre model, real turbos, and chassis flex, that RF2 is quite different than RF1.

The RF2 exe (the core program that only ISI can see) could be doing all sorts of new things and have all sorts of new systems in place to do all sorts of new/different things with the numbers from an HDV file. Unless you or anyone can see/analyze the coding/programming of the RF2 EXE then I'd hold off on saying the whole "it's almost just rFactor 1 with a better tyre model and chassis flex" thing.

Last edited:
Yeah that could well be that the exe does different calculations with those HDV numbers. All I'm saying is that you can basically convert a HDV file directly from rF1 mod to rF2, there are only a couple of new lines, diffuser/aero/wings have all the same parameters, which is what Tim implied as well (with taking most Corvette parameters directly from Niels). I have done this sort of basic conversion and it works pretty well, apart from the tire model.

He always sounds like he's got an agenda to me : gmotor1 (which he happens to have done a mod with) is the greatest simulator in the whole wide world for ever and ever.

What agenda might that be?

---------

Let me correct you there, by the way:

simracing wise, I have mainly worked (both as modder and as racing teams consultant) with ISIMotor2, and specifically with rF1, GSC and Race07. So, where that "gmotor1 is the greatest simulator in the whole wide..." oddity came from I have no idea, maybe you'll grace us with an explanation for that as well.

The really complicated tyre models are manufacturers' and they don't run in realtime. And they're probably wrong too.

Many seem to equate "higher complexity" with higher accuracy and higher precision, which is, to anyone informed on the matter, a fallacy. I have discussed that very same issue several times in the past at RD and NoGrip, even participated in articles published on the matter, not going to bother to revisit it again. People choose to believe "more/bigger is better", or that "more complexity" yields better results or provides higher physical fidelity (actually, it usually is the opposite), and I fully disagree.

Best to have something simple you can understand and tweak to fit the data.

Yes...but no need to "tweak to fit the data" (once you have a reliable engine).

That's one of the virtues of ISIMotor2's tire model (and other seemingly "simple" sim packages I know of). When you have the data (yes, I have dealt with incomplete, noisy or simply out-of-range data, but it's not always like that), the so-called "simple" models usually and easily allow for a 1:1 correlation, whereas the more complex models (especially the "physical/theoretical" ones) often fail to deliver the same results. Cruden's CTO, myself and other developers/engineers, discussed this issue a couple of months ago, our conclusions are pretty much similar - Pacejka/empiric/semi-empirical work quite well and can get us a long way, even if it takes a LOT OF KNOWLEDGE to analyse/tweak/verify (the data packages).

I thought Chronus can't stand rF2. Isn't he that gtr2 modder guy? From what I can tell from these old modders is you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Niels for example seems to recieve a lot of respect but yet refuses to learn new things. IF ISI is looking for new blood they should look for that, new guys. Forget the old timers.

Er...I "can't stand rF2"?! Why?

----

Ah, modders as "old dogs", how polite...

In the past 4 years or so, I have worked alongside with race car engineers, data analysts, tire engineers and drivers, in different platforms and with different tools (sim modules, data acqs, etc).

I come from a Theoretical Physics background and prior to the simracing "virus" entering my system, I worked as a computer programmer in Telecommunications, Airspace & Defence companies.

My old dusty bags are full of "new tricks" that would last you a lifetime.

As for the "old timers"... much of the racing simulation software you have in your computer is being or has been produced/programmed by "old timers". You really do not know what you're talking about.

-------------------------

As my mate (F2Chump) stated, I have done all I can to promote simulations and dispel myths and dubious claims. Hence my praise for Stefano's NetKar Pro, my admiration for David Kaemmer's body of work, and all that Gjon and his team has done with the ISI engine (and for simracingdom at large).

I am a firm believer that you don't need (ever) to increase complexity in order to achieve good results. In my experience, the more you "complicate" things, the more likely you are to induce unforeseen side-effects to the systems modelling you're working on. [Dr. Feynman spoke of this often, too bad his lessons seem forgotten...]

Given how tire companies work (rubber and tire research/construction being highly guarded secrets), more complexity (in simracing models) only makes matters worse due to the obvious requirement.

The ISI engine, particularly its version 2, may not be flawless, may be older than the current next-gens making simracing headlines, but it still is one of the best tools for modelling a car's behaviour (not pretty, but certainly one of the best).

And while many simracers, eager for the eye-candy, decry ISIMotor2's age -when age has no bearing on the qualities that make it a reliable, all-round solid physics engine-, I see not one or two, but many professional drivers making use of it even today. Which is ironic and puts simracingdom's views in the proper perspective. :)

---------

simracing wise, I have mainly worked (both as modder and as racing teams consultant) with ISIMotor2, and specifically with rF1, GSC and Race07. So, where that "gmotor1 is the greatest simulator in the whole wide..." oddity came from I have no idea, maybe you'll grace us with an explanation for that as well.

Many seem to equate "higher complexity" with higher accuracy and higher precision, which is, to anyone informed on the matter, a fallacy. I have discussed that very same issue several times in the past at RD and NoGrip, even participated in articles published on the matter, not going to bother to revisit it again. People choose to believe "more/bigger is better", or that "more complexity" yields better results or provides higher physical fidelity (actually, it usually is the opposite), and I fully disagree.

That's one of the virtues of ISIMotor2's tire model (and other seemingly "simple" sim packages I know of). When you have the data (yes, I have dealt with incomplete, noisy or simply out-of-range data, but it's not always like that), the so-called "simple" models usually and easily allow for a 1:1 correlation, whereas the more complex models (especially the "physical/theoretical" ones) often fail to deliver the same results. Cruden's CTO, myself and other developers/engineers, discussed this issue a couple of months ago, our conclusions are pretty much similar - Pacejka/empiric/semi-empirical work quite well and can get us a long way, even if it takes a LOT OF KNOWLEDGE to analyse/tweak/verify (the data packages).

----

In the past 4 years or so, I have worked alongside with race car engineers, data analysts, tire engineers and drivers, in different platforms and with different tools (sim modules, data acqs, etc).

I come from a Theoretical Physics background and prior to the simracing "virus" entering my system, I worked as a computer programmer in Telecommunications, Airspace & Defence companies.

As for the "old timers"... much of the racing simulation software you have in your computer is being or has been produced/programmed by "old timers". You really do not know what you're talking about.

As my mate (F2Chump) stated, I have done all I can to promote simulations and dispel myths and dubious claims. Hence my praise for Stefano's NetKar Pro, my admiration for David Kaemmer's body of work, and all that Gjon and his team has done with the ISI engine (and for simracingdom at large).

I am a firm believer that you don't need (ever) to increase complexity in order to achieve good results. In my experience, the more you "complicate" things, the more likely you are to induce unforeseen side-effects to the systems modelling you're working on. [Dr. Feynman spoke of this often, too bad his lessons seem forgotten...]

Given how tire companies work (rubber and tire research/construction being highly guarded secrets), more complexity (in simracing models) only makes matters worse due to the obvious requirement.

The ISI engine, particularly its version 2, may not be flawless, may be older than the current next-gens making simracing headlines, but it still is one of the best tools for modelling a car's behaviour (not pretty, but certainly one of the best).

And while many simracers, eager for the eye-candy, decry ISIMotor2's age -when age has no bearing on the qualities that make it a reliable, all-round solid physics engine-, I see not one or two, but many professional drivers making use of it even today. Which is ironic and puts simracingdom's views in the proper perspective. :)

So what's your opinion on PCars? And I don't mean the business model...

The thing I would love to see most instead of this macho physics jargon bs talk.

Is to someone to explain in plain English the real differences between rf1 and rf2, regarding the handling the tyres etc. When I think one car tells me the difference another just disappoints and feels no difference to a car in gsc. Take away real road, I'm talking down to pure handling and physics. Because stuff that I hear was in rf1 (low speed grip loss for ex) is still in rf2, so I'm baffled.

If someone physics guru can come out and tell me this is plain English. Then I respect that more than that crap above!

Pro`s and Con`s about pCars?

Pro`s
- *environmental ambiance, just a few.... "varying levels of rain /audio, thunder and lightning, sunlight filtering through trees .......... "
- *career
- *driver stats and info
- *ready to drive, no addons

The thing I would love to see most instead of this macho physics jargon bs talk.

Is to someone to explain in plain English the real differences between rf1 and rf2, regarding the handling the tyres etc. When I think one car tells me the difference another just disappoints and feels no difference to a car in gsc. Take away real road, I'm talking down to pure handling and physics. Because stuff that I hear was in rf1 (low speed grip loss for ex) is still in rf2, so I'm baffled.

If someone physics guru can come out and tell me this is plain English. Then I respect that more than that crap above!

Not supposed to be a argument or insulting people either. ;)

Get 3 physics gurus and the best 3 online racers .........they will all have differing opinions. ;)

"I am a firm believer that you don't need (ever) to increase complexity in order to achieve good results. In my experience, the more you "complicate" things, the more likely you are to induce unforeseen side-effects to the systems modelling you're working on."

Yeah, but with that logic, how is progress made? A simple aero model that just relates speed to downforce would be easy to deal with, and easy to get a decent correlation to real life. But making a complex model that takes yaw into account and wind speeds would be possible to make more accurate, but could take more time to refine and get accurate.

So after pages and pages of posts and theories and speculation. No one can truly say what the difference they feel or if they even call it placebo.

I think some cars in gsc feel better than rf2. Reizas cars just seem to have this consistent quality which rf2 cars lack. Lets be honest rf2 cars areall over the place!?

Apart from spinellu can anyone else see a mountain difference between rf 2 and gcs cars anymore?

----

Oh no! One more of this self-proclaimed physics-guru´s!
Sorry, who is not able to see the progression between gmotor2 and 2.5 or even negate the advantages that it offers can´t be taken seriously (by me)!
LOL !

So after pages and pages of posts and theories and speculation. No one can truly say what the difference they feel or if they even call it placebo.

I think some cars in gsc feel better than rf2. Reizas cars just seem to have this consistent quality which rf2 cars lack. Lets be honest rf2 cars areall over the place!?

Apart from spinellu can anyone else see a mountain difference between rf 2 and gcs cars anymore?

Mmm, coz how much of this would be opinion and speculation on our part? I use a G25 wheel, what level of forces can I feel? Piss all.

And as much as you are looking for a definitive and scientific answer, all that is being put up is opinion. All that would be countered with is opinion.

Not to mention it seems like you are in the middle of another swing of what's "real" to you. Drive whatever gives you a feeling of "reality". Who cares about trying to prove yours is right. Page after page of endless "debate"...

So what's your opinion on PCars? And I don't mean the business model...

Not interested in discussing its business model.

Haven't tested pCARS on my own machine for well over a year now (am/was a junior member), so as always I'll refrain from commenting on its "handling", "realism", etc.

From all that was promised and said, given who's behind the physics engine, I -and probably many simracers as well- expected the ultimate racing sim from pCARS. By the end of the year we will all have the definitive opinion on that. For sure.

Minibull said:
Yeah, but with that logic, how is progress made? A simple aero model that just relates speed to downforce would be easy to deal with, and easy to get a decent correlation to real life. But making a complex model that takes yaw into account and wind speeds would be possible to make more accurate, but could take more time to refine and get accurate.

That is the problem right there. Progress does not necessarily translate to higher complexity.

Anyway, your comparing apples to oranges. The "simple aero model" you talk about above is not an aero model, it's just a simple equation. Pacejka-based models, other empirical/semi-empirical models are far more interesting and encompassing than a model that relates a certain quantity to another.

Last edited:

---------

You know perfectly well what agenda I mean - what I said, apart from writing "gmotor1" when I obviously meant "gmotor2" (yes, I know it's ISImotor but most people on forums recognise it that way). Over the years I've seen you enthusiastically jumping in to agree with criticisms of Kaemmer's physical modelling strategy, and have been decidedly lukewarm about the idea of rF2's new model, whilst claiming these race professionals you "know" verify the accuracy of isimotor2 all the time.

That said, it is ironic that Kaemmer thinks temperature is such a critical element and has been modelling from the fundamental physical properties of rubber, but the tyre temperatures are less reliable in iRacing than any other sim last I checked.

What sort of programming were you doing in "Telecommunications, Airspace & Defence". I only ask because I'm suspicious. LOL

Regarding professional race teams and simulations. I suspect the use of isimotor2 isn't as impressive as it sounds. I hear they're not particularly concerned about accurately modelling tyres when sliding i.e. when drivers have screwed up. Up to that point, standard models are accepted by Kaemmer to do a reasonable job. It's because games need to simulate the complete experience that this matters more. In effect, games are more demanding than pro simulators. And Kaemmer and presumably the guy at LFS have concluded physical modelling is the way to do this. The trouble is it's obviously a LOT more complicated than they thought. Apparently, the LFS guy was last spotted on the event horizon of a black hole, examining individual photons with a magnifying glass. (I might have made that last bit up).

This "all over the place" argument is getting old. People said the same 2 years ago when ISI released new Howston, Civic, updated Megane etc. Because back then those cars felt much better than anything else. Now ISI releases updated CPM cars that all feel better. So the old content (Civic etc) suddenly got from awesome to useless? No, as a year ago they were still considered the best sim cars. The new content is just better, nothing wrong here. If ISI didn't release CPM you would still consider those old cars good, they didn't suddenly became unusable.

He always sounds like he's got an agenda to me : gmotor1 (which he happens to have done a mod with) is the greatest simulator in the whole wide world for ever and ever.
Funny you mention Chronus. I just had a PM conversation with him a few days ago on the RD site and, from what he said, I have to say I fully agree with you.

I explained some odd behaviors that at times occur in the ISI engine (ISI engine is the best in my opinion but every game/sim has odd moments in certain siutations/moments - nothing is perfect). Despite how "in-your face" and obvious it can be if you watch real-life cars and observe these particular moment/situation behaviors to in-game, Chronus pretty-much just totally dismissed everything I said just because I couldn't provide "hard numbers" (as if I'm some physicist or engineer or something).

In summary, Chronus pretty-much said what you said (RF1 engine, best ever, etc.). Chronus pretty-much said that the limitations of the RF1 engine are only the data that's put into. So everything can behave great all the time if the data entered is accurate and well correlated and such. I then said how could that be when every single car from at-least F1 2002 to RF1 (and RF2 as well, but things are improving) have the EXACT same behaviors no matter how good or bad the mod is? That must mean that every single human ever making a car in the last 15 years must all have used the same data which is obviously not the case. And also, how come not a single car out of the 100s, 1000s I've tried has ever, ever been free of these particular issues? It's clearly a result of the physics engine when the same thing happens to every single car for 15 years from all sorts of different people and data. But nope, not according to Chronus. He then proceeded to end the convo instead of trying to have an open-mind and look into and consider what I was saying. Heck, within 5 minutes of Saturday's real-life F1 qualifying session I already spotted the difference.

The laws of physics haven't changed as far as I'm aware.
Right......Because other than tyres, RF1 simulates real-life absolutely 100% accurately. Infact, other than tyres, AC, PC, NKP, LFS, RBR, RF1, RF2, etc. are all pretty-much running identical vehicle dynamics and vehicle kinematics modeling systems....right...

How can people be so ignorant?

Last edited:
The laws of physics haven't changed as far as I'm aware.Because other than tyres, RF1 simulates real-life absolutely 100% accurately. Infact, other than tyres, AC, PC, NKP, LFS, RBR, RF1, RF2, etc. are all pretty-much running absolutely identical vehicle dynamics and vehicle kinematics modeling systems, right...

How can people be so ignorant?

-----------

David has a thing about rFactor.

Only thing I see he says about rF2 around various forums is that ...... " online numbers are bad "

lool

He inferred rF2 can't match the others because they don't have the money ( resources, staff, etc. )

Fair enough......

SMS claim to have sold a 1,000,000 copies.
Never helped the physics did it. :p

Last edited:
that's a misquote DD, go up to see his actual post. Hes got a point though, the laws of physics hasn't changed.

that's a misquote DD, go up to see his actual post. Hes got a point though, the laws of physics hasn't changed.

:rolleyes:

2) given rF2s glacial pace of development, ISI don't really have the resources to develop the PC version let alone versions for PS4 and XBO

That is just a swipe at rF2, pure and simple.

FYI for future reference (seems people are easily confused)

gMotor = Graphics
pMotor = Physics

:rolleyes:

That is just a swipe at rF2, pure and simple.

yes DD that's fine, but you misquoted Spins post to make it like he said something he didn't! he said one line about physics nothing about the tire models that was all Spinelli :)

I do, and im quite impressed its the most complete race sim out there, and yes it is a sim. How is anyone finding the tyre model compared to rf2? I think its quite good i do need more time with it, but with that and its ffb it really feels like your on rubber tyres. Im impressed, as much as RF2 is good and all.... pcars tyre model is almost just as good imo. It certainly looks like it flex's more authentically, personally think RF2 visuals of tyre flex is too overdone and makes the tyre seem under inflated, Pcars seem to have this right.

Anyway yes it hasnt RR or the same great AI but for a game developed like this, i think RF2 or AC has something to worry about.

Just because i like this doesnt mean im not a true sim fan or any crap that someone will surely say. Its quite fine to like another sim and think its as good as rf2.

I have pCARS and it is quite fun! Fantastic selection of cars and tracks along with good visuals. If they can work the AI and the FFB then I will probably play it more often.

You may have noticed that many here{including me} rate Stock Car Extreme as one of the best sims ever made, so it's not like none of us can rate and like other sims, it's moreso that pcars is without question a simcade driving model, and to me, I just can't get past the notion that the physics and ffb define a games sim status.

For example, I know for a fact that GTR EVO has an aero model, however, I don't know whether it's the most realistic or where it stands in relation to any other sim, but it has been included.....but does pcars have an aero model?....how on earth do they consider it plausible to drive an F1 without tyres?
Go ahead try it yourself, knock the wheels off and let us know how far you get.

FYI, I'm playing more rF2 than pCARS right now.

Tim W., if I may respond to something said about me earlier...

We had a PM conversation on the RD forums. [...]Chronus pretty-much just totally dismissed everything I said just because I couldn't provide "hard numbers" (as if I'm some physicist or engineer or something).

In summary, Chronus pretty-much said what you said (RF1 engine, best ever, etc.).

There's something outright yellow and shameful when one discloses PM's in public as you are doing here. EVEN worse when you lie about it.

First off: you made a statement (at Racedepartment's GSC forum) about an "old pre-rF1" engine being used by SIMBIN's GTR2 and GTL. David I. and David Wright tried to set the info right, which, as is your usual attitude, you ignored.

I PM'd to help you correct the info (by pointing you to ISI's own site, with the historic background of ISIMotor2 and the redevelopment by other dev. companies).

You went off on a tangent about a "pre-rF2" engine.

And you continued to ignored what was said by me and others. I did, however, suggest to you to collect telemetry data instead of just "posting an opinion" and passing it as FACT. I also advised you to avoid placing the blame on ISIMotor2.5 "core engine" if you did not recalculate the tires. In your POV, though, technical details are not needed, which is odd considering your strong criticism of rF2 (the 5 points or so you made in the "RFactor 2: Best overall physics in simracing... FR3.5: " thread right here).

In regards to rF1, all I said was:
- "After all these years, I haven't met a single driver/engineer/analyst who is not impressed with ""RF1" vehicle dynamics"
- "For them, as for me, rFactor1/Race07/GSC are accurate and very effective for driver training and assessment"

Where did I say it was the "RF1 engine, best ever, etc"?

You hinted at someone (David Wright?) being "ignorant" in this thread, and yet it's you who consistently show full ignorance and a complete lack of respect towards others.

I believe I have never addressed you before that PM...you've been on my IL for several days now at RD, and rightly so.

Last edited:
Chronus, the discussion changed later to physics. This has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic of how Simbin, Rieza, etc. have different rights to mod or not mod the engine. And please stop posting complete B.S. and picking and choose what to quote. I just tried to tell you some extremely obvious vehicle behavior issues that can be seen within 2 minutes of watching real-life racing. What kind of telemetry am I supposed to present you about complex things like slips angles, momentum, moment of inertia, and all this other fancy stuff? I'm not physicist or engineer. And please stop changing things around on here about our convo. You completed disregarded and ended the PM because you don't even want to think about the things I said.

I love GTL GTR PnG and am blessed for what DW and Crono do for us.

So why in heck don't they get a single car in rF2 to go with the Cobra.

Just a single car to start , a trial, demo whatever and Ui

I just don't understand it, how they could even consider AC for PnG over rF2.

Sure it would look "nice" in AC , I have no doubts there......

But it just don' have the Historic "shake, rattle, roll" to make rF2's little toe.

I getting a little tired of chasing Cobras at Longford in 2014 Cop Car. :) ( like taking candy from a baby p )

No one expects the entire PnG just a few 60's models would do me.

Last edited:
OT? Is the centering torque /spring-like force in pcars natural? I just find it different from other sims I've tried (AC, rF2, SCE) & isn't like the dampening. I believe its the Mz parameter, so is it best to lower this (contrary to their recommendations)?

-via Tapatalk (S4)

yes DD that's fine, but you misquoted Spins post to make it like he said something he didn't! he said one line about physics nothing about the tire models that was all Spinelli :)

I was backing up Spin is all.

David never gives rF2 any credit and has no comments or thoughts on rF2 physics I seen.

Last thing I saw he complained about the first demo with the GT2 Vette at Lime Rock.

Why don't he take Build 946 and a Howston or Cobra for a Lap around Longford and get back. ;)

Hard for me to understand how anyone into Muscle can't drive the Cobra and be blown away by rF2

Wow, looks like you can't use figures of speech anymore. I'll bow out now. Looks like F2 chump got everybody riled up pretty good. Nobody noticed his posting history and how he doesn't post in this forum other than a pCars thread. Axe to grind maybe? Anyway, carry on fellas, I'm no match for these sim racing egos. I'm glad this isn't nogrip as I"m sure I would have been banned for offending one of the big wigs.

On a lighter note, I got banned from nogrip years ago because I made a mistake regarding how many pictures you're allowed to post in a single post. Or I think it was the size of the pics or something that was off from "regulation size". Lol!!

Mmm, coz how much of this would be opinion and speculation on our part? I use a G25 wheel, what level of forces can I feel? Piss all.

And as much as you are looking for a definitive and scientific answer, all that is being put up is opinion. All that would be countered with is opinion.

Not to mention it seems like you are in the middle of another swing of what's "real" to you. Drive whatever gives you a feeling of "reality". Who cares about trying to prove yours is right. Page after page of endless "debate"...

MB, i think i agree with you here. I think it is me looking for realism over and over again, which not to mention is frustrating to me is also to you guys. Maybe the way i am, im just looking for certain justification. I think because the cars in RF2 are clearly more advanced in some and not the others, i just find GSC better to jump from car to car,.

Ive installed only the CPM cars, and now when i boot up rf2 im like "wow choice ive given myself, but i want utter realism" "car choice and tracks are better in GSC", then boot up gsc and have just as much fun. I also think steering weight is more realistic in gsc, ive upped mine in rf2 to feel better. Even to sacrfice higher forces. I wont lie in the dallara i clip for a few seconds around those 200mph bends on mountain oval. and tbh i dont care because the lower forces are more realistic. Im sure the clipping doesnt happen at any other corner in rf2.

I admit im in a never ending vicious circle, which affecst my actual sim playing time as i wonder more about realistic handling than just enjoying the sims for what they are.

On a lighter note, I got banned from nogrip years ago because I made a mistake regarding how many pictures you're allowed to post in a single post. Or I think it was the size of the pics or something that was off from "regulation size". Lol!!

lool

;)

ISI make a new sim for Steam, DX1x and heaven forbid consoles.

I think we can all agree on one thing Spin........

WE WOULD ALL BE PRAYING IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE PHYSICS !@! :eek:

cat-car.jpg

" Terrified Pussy "

lool

Last edited:
What about taking the Historic tracks out, talk about a sucker punch. hehehe

P.S.

I did a Watkins 3 Hour LMP/GT today ( well 53 laps of it, retired leading LMP2 )
was okay fun, must have been to do 53 laps ........lool .

View attachment 16935

Been in Longford rF2 for a hour now practicing pitbull technique on the Ai. p
Who can't enjoy Cobras and Vettes at Longford. p

Any longer waiting I be back to pCars. lol :(

Last edited:
I think chronus point is that if we have data and professionals who understand having to adapt to the digital world of sim racing, then we should be capable of building a very convincing simulation, "and" that it's possible some of our misgivings might be correct, but could also be assumptions on our part.

Also, the ISI engine is powerful and IF any developer wants to make the effort, next gen physics can be created on it.

if i was the above mate...

a) i wouldnt play RF2 at all

b) wouldnt be on this forum

c) would be constantly moaning about rf2 visuals , which i never have.

pcars may not be as detailed in depth as rf2, but as a whole package it simulates motorsport quite well. just needs fixing in a few places. That doesnt stop it being a joy to experience. I care about physics, but i also like a sim to simulate motorsport as a whole. That includes dynamic weather realistic visuals, and real tracks a great cars.

i will take no shame in being a fan of motorsport as a whole, which includes the above, rather than mathematics/science in physics. Because even with all the real data inputted into these sims, and no matter how much is calculated, a sim CANNOT produce the feel of racing a track car.

Dan

Back