Testers needed

Okay, I see nothing wrong with this build other then there needs to be some code added to create the ".rFactor" folder if it doesn't already exist. It is smart enough to create the "rFactor1" folder though. So anyone that has rF2 will already have the .rFactor folder so the new rF1 activation works without a problem.

I haven't spent much time in Win8 yet and just discovered that UAC can't completely be disabled without a registry hack and once you do that hack it will no longer let you run Metro apps purchased in the app store. So fully disabling UAC isn't as practical now. So what I did was drag the little UAC slider all the way down but didn't do the registry hack. Then I right clicked on all three of the EXE files (rF Config.exe/rFactor.exe/rFactor Dedicated.exe) and then selected properties, then click the compatibility tab and then check the box at the bottom that tells it to always run as admin. After you do that it will function just like it would under XP. IF you don't run it as an admin it will create the Config.ini and your UserData folder in "<UserProfile>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor".

So really it runs no different under Win8 as it did under Win7 with UAC enabled.

I also moved the three EXEs into an existing install I have for the league I run in and was able to connect to our server without any EXE mismatches. I haven't had a chance to do any laps to see what the deal is with FFB that everyone is talking about.

I am curios though, is this new EXE the same as the EXE created for the G27? Do the G27 LEDs function on this build? I ask because the G27 EXE not only enabled the LEDs but it also reversed the FFB forces. So if someone dropped the G27 EXE into an existing install, all of their FFB settings would feel funny until the flipped the forces from negative to positive.

I will test FFB tonight.

I am curios though, is this new EXE the same as the EXE created for the G27? Do the G27 LEDs function on this build? I ask because the G27 EXE not only enabled the LEDs but it also reversed the FFB forces. So if someone dropped the G27 EXE into an existing install, all of their FFB settings would feel funny until the flipped the forces from negative to positive.

I will test FFB tonight.

I did find my LED's do work out of the box with this test version. In my old install to get the LED to work I had to use a 3rd party plug-in.
What is this G27 EXE you talk about?

Installed some mods today (Enduracers SP2, Project D, VLM Tracks). No problems at all.
Need a new driver for my Logi Momo for seperate pedals. Force feedback died some months ago (power supply failure) so i couldn't test it.
Tried a online session @ Lienz with the old Kodis etc. and up to 10 guys on the server. Worked like it should. Low pings, no lags.

I received my key support the other day. Used the key provided and the program runs. I'm using the full install. I installed it to a different location on my system than where my Trymedia version is installed. I did not delete the Trymedia version before installing and activating this version.

So far, I get "Demo" flashing between screens. I joined a server and received a GDB mismatch. I installed a mod I'm working on, and it seems to work with no issues.

Downloaded and installed using " already purchased" link no issues.
I just finished with a fresh Win 7 install a week ago, all the latest updates from Microsoft default drivers. This rF1 test version installed and activated with no issues.
System specs on this PC
Win 7 Ultimate
E4400 core duo @ 2.00 GHz
3 gig DDR 2 PC 2 6400
MSI 4850

Edit: When I activate it with the key supplied it still says "Demo" in game, and every time I restart it I must re enter the activation code and my email address.

Last edited:
Edit: When I activate it with the key supplied it still says "Demo" in game, and every time I restart it I must re enter the activation code and my email address.

We should have a new version shortly will resolve this.

I just had a chance to do some laps. The FFB is reversed just like it is in the G27 build. The LEDs also work. So if your FFB feels strange you just need to move the. FFB slider from the left to the right so it is no longer negative. One other thing I noticed is the speed limiter is turned off by default. Most people turn it off before exiting their garge anyways so this is probably a good thing.

Anyways, other then that one bug with the activator, everything looks good. Thanks ISI for supporting a nearly 8 year old game!

Dave, just hit Win+R then paste this into the run box and hit ok:
Code:
cmd /c mkdir %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor

The next time you activate it will work. That is assuming you haven't used up all your activations already.

I just had a chance to do some laps. The FFB is reversed just like it is in the G27 build. The LEDs also work. So if your FFB feels strange you just need to move the. FFB slider from the left to the right so it is no longer negative.

I've tried this as well but no luck. using a G27

I've tried this as well but no luck. using a G27

Strange. I am also on a G27. What exactly is wrong with the FFB for you? I use RealFeel along with FFB steer force output max="0.00000" which totally disables the default forces. It felt no different on the new version as it did on the old one other than the need to flip the force. Perhaps something has changed with the canned stuff. Are you using the same controller.ini and PLR file from your old install? I didn't want to judge the FFB unless I was comparing exactly the same settings as I have been using for the past few years.

The FFB is reversed just like it is in the G27 build!

Yes, i posted days ago asking if FFB issues were caused by reversed force because i had to set positive strength in my DFGT (stock FFB, ie no RealFeel, no Leo etc)

Thanks Noel .. works great, now what exactly did I just do? (elaborate in terms Cactus Dave can comprehend.) por favor.

Thanks Noel .. works great, now what exactly did I just do? (elaborate in terms Cactus Dave can comprehend.) por favor.

The activator needs to save a file into that directory but if the directory doesn't exist then the file fails to save. The command I gave you simply creates the needed directory so then the activator is able to store the licence.

Strange. I am also on a G27. What exactly is wrong with the FFB for you? I use RealFeel along with FFB steer force output max="0.00000" which totally disables the default forces. It felt no different on the new version as it did on the old one other than the need to flip the force. Perhaps something has changed with the canned stuff. Are you using the same controller.ini and PLR file from your old install? I didn't want to judge the FFB unless I was comparing exactly the same settings as I have been using for the past few years.

Have you also tried without RealFeel yet Noel? Any problems? Kind of need to test what the game does out of the box.

I tried again today. My FFB problem in this build is very much like what Denstjiros describes. Be driving along, then it's as if I'm driving with a flat tyre. Wheel starts pulling in one direction, even if I stop my car. Continue driving and FFB switches off, then comes back on again, then maybe starts pulling again. I tried FFB slider both -100 and +100. Tried config files from old version. I even tried swopping the exe files from new to old installs (and old to new) to see what would happen. The result was wherever I tried the new version same odd FFB, and wherever I tried the old exe worked without problem. I say something is up with the exe file not the configs.

I'll give it a try with Real Feel tomorrow.

File links are dead for me...sorry I have been busy and did not get to them in time....:eek:

Installed F1RST 2011 plus V2.0 update and tried to sign in to a few online races. I initially had no success...until I realized that the Windows permission dialog box was behind the rFactor menu. This was the mitigating factor causing connection issues for me. Once I granted permission, connection went okay.

I use the default FFB, no plugins.
i've tried both stock from the test version and later on just copied over my userdata from original rf, no difference.

this is what i reported before:
FFB is realy wierd though. at first it didn't work at all, then the values where just max strenght no matter what i chose (low/medium/high/full)
Did not spend too much time fixing it tbh but one thing that strucked me was that FFB would not work at all when going out and 6 seconds after i entered the track it would suddenly kick in.
Tried that a few times, was the same every try.

forgot to mention that FFB strenght remains when pressing esc and going back to garage, it keeps the force applied whilst it normaly releases the wheel when not on track.

also ffb from minus to plus and everything inbetween. strenght settings dont appear to do anything, low strenght is as strong as max strenght.

I will disable RealFeel and test out the default FFB some time today and report back if I have the same problems.

Finally installed on my machine W7 64 (German) and activated with the code sent by email after giving order number. Accepted my new email during that process and all went well. No interference with my other 4 or more installs and my G25 was recognized. Will fire it up tomorrow after install of some mods and will test online play. One question - are you going to have the exe to be something like the old "custom" build one called 4GB Patch where you could address more virtual ram?

are you going to have the exe to be something like the old "custom" build one called 4GB Patch where you could address more virtual ram?

That 4GB patch you refer to is not specific to rFactor so it should still work on this new build just like it does with any EXE file that you want to patch.

I did some more testing and the FFB is definitely messed up and it isn't simply reversed. The forces seam to come and go. Even with RealFeel it comes and goes. I switched back and forth between the old EXE and this new one (reversing the forces as needed) and there is a very clear difference. With RealFeel I was able to blow over a curb (a 3D curb) and the wheel was un-phased. I switched back to the old EXE and when I blow over the same curb you can feel it. I was also able to plow into a wall with the new EXE and the wheel didn't move. But sometimes it does. It is very inconsistent.

Installed yesterday, that was fine using the already paid send me an activation thing.

I don't know about FFB, but the XD plugin is not working on this version.

So plugins are affected on the so far trymedia free version of rFactor?

What is the news about this ?
So i can use my trymedia account on windows 8 i saw some news on the site http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/help/reactivating-rfactor-on-your-computer/ but how reactivating rfactor 1 ? is it a need for a new updated rfactor exe file i not seen anywhere ? it is very hard to see news update in this forum my opinion. update hmm... here i see http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/downloads/rFactor v1255

(Uses old TryMedia activation system) ? ok i hope i get a mail from isi what i shall do when they have realease a fix for this :p

Last edited:
Hi ISI. Just wondering if there's any news on the FFB issues that have been reported here.

I just noticed ISI has officially released the new TryMedia free build (1.255b) on their webpage. Has anyone had a chance to test this build to see if the FFB problems were resolved?

The final version can be downloaded here:
http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/downloads/

I will test it when I get home from the office.

Any troubleshooting of FFB should be done without any plugins installed (make sure there is no way rf can find them). The best troubleshooting environment would be to create a clean install of rF1+ (1255b) with NO MODS/addons/plugins and make sure it's not installed over the old trymedia rF1. In any event, I'm looking into it.

Is there an updated download file for this? I had a case of temporary insanity and built a new machine. I'm in the process of moving data from the old machine. Sometime Real Soon Now, I should start to install programs.

It is in the download section on the main website (ww.rfactor.net). They have a full install and a lite install. It is called version 1.255b.

I am having FFB problems with the final build just like the test build had. I run RealFeel exclusively and haven't run default FFB in years. ISI has requested for testing proposes that we only test on a clean install without any plugins but I haven't had a chance to do that. Basically RealFeel is all spikey and the wheel oscillates real bad. I simply move the new exes into a backup folder and restore the old exes and the FFB is back to normal.

I've just downloaded and tested the lite version with the downloaded content only and FFB works, but is disabled by default. I've seen that G27 leds are already driven by rfactor. Once the FFB is enabled it works with positive values (no longer -xx% for G27). I can't say if FFB is working appropriatelly I as I don't use it regularly (realfeel plugin instead).

It looks like there is a slight delay between the FFB reaction and the sound during a car crash. You can feel you have crashed because of the FFB, however the crash sound is shifted 0.2 0.3 secs.. Not sure if the crash happend at the time of the ffb rumble or the sound replay though

I have been using the same controller.ini that I have been using for years. I have been using the G27 EXE that ISI released that has LED support and no longer requires reversed. So my controller.ini should be compatible with this new EXE (no need to reverse the forces). My forces are all over the place. I simply swap the exes back to the G27 exes and all is normal again.

I just created a fresh driver profile with default controller.ini. All I changed was FFB type to wheel and level to full. I will rename my RealFeel dll and give it a spin. Then I will try again with RealFeel enabled again and see if it is still spikey.

Does anybody know how long it takes for the new key when you have filled in the form that you get from hitting the "already purchased" button on 1155b?

Navigator et al:
If you're referring to the top of the form where you enter your purchase order number and email address, it's automated, so it's sent as soon as it's received (if the info you entered is correct).

If you're referring to the bottom section: It can take 1-2 business days, depending on how busy we are. Sometimes it will be quick because we only have a few requests, other times there may be a lot of requests at once and therefore it will take longer.

To ensure you receive emails from the server, add "noreply@rfactor.net" to your email software's allowed recipient list.

@free.fr users: We get a lot of returned emails with "Too many spams from your IP" so if you don't receive an email from us, be sure you've added rfactor.net to your allowed recipient list and/or contact @free.fr and ask them to make sure you can receive emails from us (stop marking our emails as spam). When you contact us to inquire about the status of an email you were expecting, we can't even reply to that without it being returned. This is true of other ISP's as well, so if you don't receive an email from us, this may be why.

Thanks Bee, I filled in both parts of the page because it didn't look like two separate things.
I'll wait a few days, thanks.

If you have your Purchase Order number (IMA...) and the same email address you used at the time of purchase, just enter those two in the top fields and click the [Request Product Key] button and you should receive it within minutes.

What is the latest on the G27 problems with Build 1255b? Pretty important to get this resolved. :(

Didn't realize I was a tester until my new computer build and fresh install of v1.255b. :p

Like others have posted, my G27 works perfectly with GTR2, but the FFB is porked with this version of rF1.

For me it's like this...

When I hit "race" I have no FFB at all. When my rpm gets to around 7200rpm my led rpm lights on my G27 wheel light up and the FFB kicks in. This is okay once I'm flying down a straight or into some twisties, but as soon as I brake for a corner and my rpms drop to below 7200...and the lights go out on my wheel...the FFB dies. It comes back when I power out of a corner and once again hit 7200 and the led lights come back on...but this is not acceptable since the FFB kicks in and jerks the wheel hard in my hands.

Just my thoughts...it might be something to do with the led light plug in?

I have adjusted to positive strength, ran a stock new install with no mods, and FFB is stock from the game (no realfeel or Leo's). Turning on the centering spring in the Logi profiler helped a bit to center the wheel, but it's still not what I'm used to or want. Unfortunately I don't have any other rfactor.exe files to replace, and I missed two races today because I would have been a hazard on track with the FFB kicking on and off.

Last edited:

Back