Testers needed

Downloaded 1255b and installed on my new system. You can't get any cleaner than that. Anyway, activation works fine. The .rfactor folder and associated file is generated in the appdata folder. Config works as well.

Default FFB (Logitech G27) behaves as Weasy describes above. My testing took place at Jacksonville in the SRGP little green car. An FFB jolt occurred when I hit the wall at a shallow angle. When I cut the entry to turns one and three-- basically down to the apron and up to the outside wall-- and hit at a more acute angle, there was no FFB. Or, rather, not near what I expected. Is the FFB tied to the tires?

Will bring Real Feel and my other rFactor installs over to test later.

Now to install rF2.

Edit: With regard to rF1: even though I am running the full install, the "demo" graphic flashes entering the spinner after leaving a track.

Last edited:
I must add my voice to the FFB issue. I've just posted in another thread here where Weasy has linked the problem with the LED lights. It is definitely a big problem when using a G27 wheel. The FFB is completely unusable. I'd be happy to test out any new beta builds if needed.

As far as I can figure it HAS to be with the LED lights for the G27. My wheel/FFB works PERFECTLY in GTR2 (with no LEDs), and an older version of rFactor1 on my external HD (with no LEDs). Unfortunately I forgot to grab my trymedia folder from the old computer so my external HD rF1s are now demos with mods I had installed.

To be totally honest, the LEDs on the G27 are way over rated anyway. I never look down at my wheel. Make it go away, or fix it PLEASE!

The Euro Ring track also crashes on mine. Had no idea after 7 years of racing rF1 all of the time that I'd suddenly become a beta tester...

I also got these strange FFB effects in 1.255b with my G27 on Win8 x64 like pulling into one direction on straights etc. so there must be something broken.
But I found one thing that could help for the moment(and i didn't found that hint in the forum):

Turning on VSync in the rfconfig.exe

With VSync turned on, the FFB acts as it should. Of course i didn't make a longtime test, just rftrainer and a GT3 Mod, but with the GT3(different installation) it was the same: VSync on -> FFB is normal.
So at least rF is drivable.

I also got these strange FFB effects in 1.255b with my G27 on Win8 x64 like pulling into one direction on straights etc. so there must be something broken.
But I found one thing that could help for the moment(and i didn't found that hint in the forum):

Turning on VSync in the rfconfig.exe

With VSync turned on, the FFB acts as it should. Of course i didn't make a longtime test, just rftrainer and a GT3 Mod, but with the GT3(different installation) it was the same: VSync on -> FFB is normal.
So at least rF is drivable.

raven, you're a genius! Turning ON VSync fixed it! Thanks man! :cool:

Installed 1255b after my 1255 strangely decided it was unregistered. No problem other than an FFB fail during a online race. Could just have been one of those things. Using the new exe brought all my lite installs back as well, big sigh of relief.

raven, you're a genius! Turning ON VSync fixed it! Thanks man! :cool:

Well, mh, it's nice if that really helps(for the moment) but for me it wasn't that genius :eek:
Just wanted to see if the problem is related to the LED, as mentioned in your thread, but i got the config.exe launched because of updated graphic card driver.
so my thoughts were "ok, rf is undrivable atm. so it doesn't make a difference. what happens to frames/rf in general when turning this vsync thing on?" (well, of course i know what vsync does, but i never used it ;))

And so it was more something lika a "unintentional workaround".

But better this way, than no possibility to drive ;)

VSync is designed to sync the frame rate to the speed of your monitor. Most LCDs run 60hz so VSync will lock your frame rate to 60fps. The picture looks much better with VSync but the problem is the extra frame buffering causes input lag. What you see on the screen is a few frames old. I know it doesn't sound like much but it makes a difference. I personally run with VSyns off and just limit my frame rate in the PLR file with, (Max Framerate="-60"). This drops my CPU usage down to 30% rather than the 80% it was using to render useless frames that my monitor is too slow to even display.

Check out this video I made which demonstrates the input lag caused by VSync:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjHqXKqeDgE

Because it was not my target to limit the frames, any negative effects of vsync didn't interested me.

But as i wrote in the other g27 thread from Weasy, limiting the frames to anything below 100 seems to do the same thing.

The best solution would still be a patch from ISI, that the ffb with the g27 can work out-of-the-box :)
To be fair, i have to edit after isi staff post in the g27 ffb thread:
Best solution could also be, that logitech would update their wheel driver if this behaviour is caused... by the logitech drivers ;)

Last edited:
Just tested this, thx Raven, and it does indeed help.
Now FFB acts relatively like it should. But i still get oddities's. its too strong no matter the strenght settings, they all feel the same. and i cannot reproduce my normal ffb settings as per my 'normal' rf1 install.

But at least its useable now :)

I installed W8 Pro and rF1 don't work, clear. I downloaded the lite 1255c and installed it. How can i activate this virsion without buying onemore? A copie of the Trymediafolder don't work on W8 Pro 64 bit.
Thanks for help

ennimann

sorry for my bad english

My son and I have been running a server with 1255b full install.
I have a G25 on a Win7 pro 64 bit PC with GTX 650Ti.
The other, A Driving Force Pro on WinXP home 32 bit GTS 8200 card.
Both are nearly on max settings.

The FFB on both PC's
Logitech drivers profile.
Centre spring is on at 80%
Overall effect at 69%
Spring & Damper effect 0%

In-game settings Both.
Force feedback Low.
Setting this Low was suggested to me a long time ago. The reason is so the feedback is more suttle and doesn't over power the feedback at the lower end of the scale.

The thing I've noticed is the FFB on 1255b on both these wheels is much stronger then the latest 1255 Full with Trymedia.
The Logitech Driver Profile is the latest version so this may have a bearing on the strength of feedback.
With both these wheels after some changes from default are now quite good to drive. No realfeel plug-in is being used ATM though it might be a next step.

I realize by reading these posts that it's the G27 that people are mostly having issues with. It seems to have something to do with the LCD read out. Can this be turned off at all? Dose the wheel perform better with out the LCD?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a question on servers with the 1255b.
I've been running a server off this PC as well as joining it from here. The other PC is around 10Metres away plugged into the same router. With just two players and four AI we're both experiencing lag, were the opponents cars dart from place to place. Any ideas what would be the cause of this having the PC's so close?

I know a LAN connection would be better but I have it on Matchmaker so others can join in.

[Edit] I should make mention, It's the AI that are doing the lagging. When we're running player to player the lag isn't there.

The mod is Formula BMW 2.0 by iDT Tracks are from WCP Series forum downloads.

Last edited:
D. Painter:
Download and install rfactor 1255c from the downloads page at rfactor.net

Hi,

i taste the 1255c today in Demo Mode (the new key isn't here, i'm waiting on it). All HUD Plugins don't work, like xd, GID and rFDynHUD.
Is this the Demo Mode or is it also in Full mode after activation?
Last, would be very bad.
If it's so, can i play, after translation from trymedia to isi, my normal trymedia installed rFactor with my Mods?
Thanks for more Information

Regards
ennimann

ennimann:
It's been a while but from my memory mods/addons/plugins don't work with the demo.

Currently the trymedia version will still work with the ISI version installed.

As for waiting on your Product Key... if you used the top part of the form (meaning you used your trymedia purchase order number and still have the same email address) you would receive it immediately (as long as our emails have not been blocked in some way, which is happening a lot with some email providers). If you use the bottom part of the form, it can take 1-3 business days depending on the number of requests in the queue.

I now have 1255c installed.
A very odd thing happened tonight. I was running a server at home using this PC but this time I set it up as LAN. Re-set both PC's to LAN and joined it. Now the AI are still showing lag. There very hard to drive around when they disappear and re-appear right in front, along side or behind. Ofter you just go through them and not hit and other times you do, hit them that is.

Though the strangest thing is someone out side tried to join. The server is set as LAN, and we joined as LAN. How is it that someone could find it let alone join?
He had the track I guess but got booted because the server didn't recognize his car. I was running the Formula Armaroli. There's only one livery with two alt skins so I gave those two skins a team file and built two extra ones. This is why I used LAN and not online server tonight. No one else has the same thing.

Any ideas why a LAN would or could be found or showing on matchmaker?

[Edit]
Well there you go. A LAN server shows up in matchmaker. When setting up a server you set the type of connection. At the bottom is tick boxes, Matchmaker & Race Cast. I didn't think to un-tick matchmaker being a LAN connection. I just re-started the server and set rFactor for internet and went to join. After a few refresh goes at the server list it came up. I joined it without a hitch. Cause I do have what the server has after all.

I never would have thought a LAN server would or could be joined from a online source like matchmaker or allowing some one to join from outside the LAN connection.

Last edited:
ennimann:
It's been a while but from my memory mods/addons/plugins don't work with the demo.

Currently the trymedia version will still work with the ISI version installed.

As for waiting on your Product Key... if you used the top part of the form (meaning you used your trymedia purchase order number and still have the same email address) you would receive it immediately (as long as our emails have not been blocked in some way, which is happening a lot with some email providers). If you use the bottom part of the form, it can take 1-3 business days depending on the number of requests in the queue.

Thanks a lot. The code was sent now. Thanks. I'll taste it next days and report it here.

If it's lagging or warping, it's likely a connection issue (as opposed to a graphical one). Make sure you aren't using wireless.

Selecting LAN in that drop down is only informing it of how much bandwidth you have. LAN at that time mostly meant 100Mb. But it doesn't mean the server isn't available on matchmaker. If you don't want it to be public you have to take that check mark off. But even then the server is online and if your firewall isn't blocking it from the internet then the server is still accessible from the internet the only difference it the people outside would have to manually connect by IP.

Thanks Noel I sorta work that out. This is a bit new to me as in user the server exe. When there's just two or a few to race we just create the server from in-game and not use the server exe.

If it's lagging or warping, it's likely a connection issue (as opposed to a graphical one). Make sure you aren't using wireless.

Bee. Yes their hard wired and this PC that the server exe is running from is also the PC that's joining it. Can't get any closer then that.
Also the this that gets is it seems to be the AI Not the opposing player.

Can some one else test this please. Just create a server, add AI, don't need many. I'm only running 5, and see if your AI are lagging? On the same PC.
Cheers.

Although we haven't played in about a month, my wife and I typically play via LAN quite often with about 15-20 AI depending on where we're racing. I've never had any type of warping that you describe, even with 3 computers when my daughter joins in.

I don't have the mod you're referring to and don't know if that may be contributing to the issue.

I'm not sure what else to suggest as I'm not the networking programmer. Perhaps Jeremy could provide more insight but he's pretty busy atm. I'll send him a link to your post but I don't know when he'll get around to responding.

Ok cheers Bee, thanks. I might see what happens if I don't use the server, and do a direct comp to comp cross over link and see if that makes a difference.

This was happening with iDT's Formula BMW and the same thing with Formula Armaroli. The tracks are the same though. Maybe I will try a different track. The ones I'm using are from WCP, RFT tracks.

Okay Bee, you must share where you found this wife of yours that enjoys sim racing with you. Hahaha. My Ex wife did SCCA Solo2 with me but never could I get her to simrace. :)

Okay Bee, you must share where you found this wife of yours that enjoys sim racing with you. Hahaha. My Ex wife did SCCA Solo2 with me but never could I get her to simrace. :)
Well, she's more into Warcraft III than racing so we play that more than anything else.
Edit: Oh, and I found her in the Philippines :)

Ok first quick checkup:

all under W7 Pro 64 bit

- rFactor Lite 1255c -->ok
- Spotter Plugin 2.17 --> ok
- our F1 Liga Mod --> not so good, texturproblems and crashes
- rFDynHUD --> ok
- RFE Weather Plugin --> is not running, rFactor crashes after loading the Track:(

check with W8 Pro 64 bit later

Regards
ennimann

Last edited:
second checkup

W8 Pro 64 bit

- rFactor Lite 1255c --> crashes after loading the Track :(

EDIT
after reinstall it's ok :)

Last edited:
Hey guy's. I've had the 1255c installed for a while now. I've been using it for racing at home and I've been doing some modding for it. The odd thing that seams to be happening more and more is when I click on the customize button were you have car select the demo watermark flashes up. At first is was faint and fast but over time it is becoming stronger (visually)and lasting longer. I have it in windowed mod ATM. I don't usually use this mode.

It's not really an issue ATM but it is getting worse over time. It could become one if ignored though.

If it doesn't prevent you from using the full features of the software, I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps the reason it's lasting longer is simply due to the amount of data that has to be loaded when you select something or it may just be taking longer for your system to process it (file fragmentation, other processes running, etc). But either way it sounds like nothing more than a small cosmetic issue.

Hey guys, I have installed the new v1255c build of rFactor and I activated it after requiring the key from ISI of my Trymedia purchase a couple of years back ... rFactor runs fine after starting it but every time after a test run getting back to the spinner this " RFACTOR DEMO " flashes up for a second ...
What does that mean ... do I still have only a Demo version of the game even though I have purchased the full version with Trymedia a couple of years back ... please help ...

@NobbyRacing2012
The demo screen may flash once in a while when there is a delay in loading the next screen or when exiting from that screen, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong or that you don't have the full version. Typically it would happen so fast you wouldn’t normally see it.

@NobbyRacing2012
The demo screen may flash once in a while when there is a delay in loading the next screen or when exiting from that screen, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong or that you don't have the full version. Typically it would happen so fast you wouldn’t normally see it.
I could argue with that. On my son's PC it stayed through the hole time it took to save the replay of over a hour of racing. It's not causing any issue, It's just annoying to see it at all.

There are other issue that are more important to sort out then this tho. Like the fact that people are having trouble joining 1255F servers with 1255C. ISI content isn't compatible between them. The Buy car function not working correctly so we own all the cars and don't need to earn credits for them. Most would'nt bother as they use rF online in leagues but there are those who would like to compete to build the game up by earning it. This has always worked right up to 1255F, Why not in 1255C?

Pit limiter not being on by default is "not" a issue or bug, Just get used to it.

Back