GTX 680 4gb running 3 screens and reachin 99º (but not throttling)

Spam, last ditch effort mate.

Totally rehearse what you are going to say .

Personally ring the corporate headquaters of EVGA
==========
EVGA Corporate Headquarters

US Office
Brea, California
Toll Free: +1.888.881.EVGA (3842)
Tel: +1.714.528.4500
Fax: +1.714.528.4501
Email us

=========
NOT a EMAIL !!

Make a appointment if needed to speak with the head of consumer affairs.

Not the Consumers office boy thinks he is a boss ....... the actual "Corporate" head for Consumer Affairs or similar department they name them all sorts of things now.

I have rung Corsair and Gigabytes top heads, on both occasions the decision was reversed.

But if it is in warranty and you truly believe you are right, do it, what can it hurt.

Last edited:
They denied my RMA due to "rust on PCB" and "liquid damage".

I find that pretty hard to take mate.

The first thing I would say is that the card always ran way too hot

OBVIOUSLY you get liquid damage from the precipitation from which rust is produced, seen it before myself.

It could be worsened with room humidity sure, but no one can prove that.

Like stuff me ?

Anyways state your case to the boss man, you are hurt and depressed being treated this way as a loyal EVGA customer.

Your Simulation League mates can't believe what is happening, yadda , yadda

Tell him how the card was always hot ( I mean it is not unknown ) and how this would explain the rust from precipitation.

Above all be nice and apologetic.

P.S.

But never ever take some RMA broom boys word as final.
Like court you start at local then go to district then high court then supreme.
You don't settle for what the local court tells you, especially if it is going to cost you nothing, do you. ? ;)

Last edited:
Above all be nice and apologetic.

That ship has sailed...lol

Look what they answered me about me telling about rusty low grade screws (which is only thing rusted and has nothing related to the issue. I even found a topic on EVGA forum with people complaining about gpu spikes as i notice here and surprises you and spinneli: http://forums.evga.com/GTX680-FTW-downclocking-Compiling-all-similar-cases-here-m1656657-p4.aspx ) :

"Unfortunately an excessive amount of moisture in your environment can cause this and will happen regardless of metal and that does void the warranty. If you require further support, I would recommend...

They can shove that gpu in their asses, i won´t cry for this ****. I´ve seen people on foruns saying to applying some kind of rust cleaning product before sending gpu to then. I didn´t did that because rusty screws has nothing to do with my issue and i would feel myself like trying to fake something to get advantage so i sent as my gpu was.
And no logic about that since if this happen regardless of metal, all gpu would be rusted.

Btw, it isn´t your fault. I was just kidding. Don´t get me wrong.

I really appreciate your, Spinelli and other advices. When i can, i will by something from Asus or other brand

Back