rFactor Better FFB Tutorial

It did feel pretty good from the start.
I have overlay plugin to install that shows FFB clipping. will start with x1 multi and look at clipping to see which way to go from there. :)

too many posts to read through............

You do know you have to change leo for each and every car?
just I didn't read it in 1st post....
specifically these lines....

0.707 Front wheel distance to centerline (half the front wheel track) in metres, from .pm file
1.65 Front axle distance to body reference point (about half the wheel base) in metres, from .pm file

10.0 Slip angle where aligning moment reverses direction - typically between 8 and 15 degrees
and quite possibly this line
1.5 wheel rubber hardness (1..5)

just re-installed rF1 so may get to test this all today,as 1st use with a Fanatec it feels horrible to drive,but then again I'm probably comparing it to rF2....

Well you could put those angles in for every car but it isn't really practical if you have dozens of mods. A generalized figure and only a 10% Leo bleed make it far less important than if you were running 100% leos.

I have a question about the RealFeelPlugin.ini file. When I select a new car and drive it, a string is entered in the ini file which identifies the car, and its settings are written into the file. Then I can go back and tweak settings for a particular car if they weren't OK initially.

Unfortunately, when I run the Endurance Series P1 cars, some of them need reversed FFB polarity from the others. But RealFeel calls all the cars "ES_P1" instead of using the actual name as it does in many of the mods. Where does it derive this name, and can I edit a file to make the cars distinct? I know I can reverse the FFB with the hotkey, but it would be nice not to have to do so time and again.

There was a way (haven't been up to date in a while) to adjust the amount of characters the Realfeelplugin.ini used to identify the car. So you could shorten it and get a whole series on the same line or make it longer and have individual cars entered for each. BUT if the mod doesn't identify individually you are just stuck with your current scenario.

Well you could put those angles in for every car but it isn't really practical if you have dozens of mods. A generalized figure and only a 10% Leo bleed make it far less important than if you were running 100% leos.

Bit of a faff yeah but makes a big difference.

I found out that if I went back 1 version number on RealFeelPlugin it still has the old style naming convention which identifies by car number + team. It works great now! I had to clear the .ini file and re-generate the data entries, but that only took a few minutes. Hopefully nothing will break the old version...

Maybe a long shot, but could this be applicable with rF2?

Nothing in this is particularly applicable. I have played with the buried options in rF2 but nothing substantially different. I have been on a Hiatus from sim racing since my move in February. I have plans to get everything set back up by June so I may has some advice on what can be tweaked once I can indeed tweak again.

Hello trying to get this working, but where in my game folder do I put the zip files? Can't figur out where they need to go.

thx

i want to increase the force on low speed and decrease the force on hi speed. I need more force on low speed without increasing it on hi speed. which settings I need to change? The controller is doing to much force on hi speed, but if i decrease the force, i don't fell the force on low speed.

Just bought this to try the Historix mod but the ffb is woeful.
Using real feel following the guide.
Also the settings don't save.
Really frustrating setting this sim up.

Back