So....who has PCars?

Look if you guys gonna be rude and just make me feel like crap, because lets face it rf2 isn't perfect and there's things other Sims do better regardless how high you praise or think rf is realistic. All I came on here is to give my input in some elements of rf that need addressing. But obviously no one cares about anyone else's opinion who slightly goes against the elitist views of rf2

So look I'm done here.

You all obviously think rf2 is flipping perfect so what else is there to fix. Other Sims give just as much fun and realism as rf2 does, feel sorry for you who cant see that.

Dan

You're not alone... I found out some cars that give as much fun, if not more, to drive than other sims including rF2... :)

Right...I do think about what you're saying. If anyone sounds like they have attitude, it's you.

Attitude is your words and actually you did it again without reading earlier replays you did just throw you over your keyboard again and started to type. Why don't you just find this out for yourself.

https://community.racesimcentral.ne...-who-has-PCars?p=359115&viewfull=1#post359115

+

https://community.racesimcentral.ne...-who-has-PCars?p=359066&viewfull=1#post359066

= Answer.

I said that RF2 doesn't have the nice customizability options as some other sims. I also said that none of functional/usable part of the U.I. (menus, text, buttons, etc.) get cut off even with bezel compensation at around 6000x1080. I said that once you have the screens lined up, the game then looks great and no different than any other game with multiview. How is that being stubborn?

Yes User Interface as you state is fine.

You repeat yourself whole time about USER INTERFACE and that is not relevant. rF2 multiview UI is only one tick box. This is my answer from my earlier post to you.

How is that being stubborn?

Ahh, IC, In your profile location is Cosmos. It may just be temporary connection problem . This is WhiteShadow from earth to Spinelli. USER INTERFACE IS FINE. Do you read me?

What??? Whether my graphics card does bezel compensation or the game does it, in the end it's still done somewhere. I am using a 1:1 with real-life FOV according to a FOV calculator. How does adding bezel compensation not allow me to use a 1:1 real-life FOV? Bezel compensation is just kind of like rendering the image that would other wise be there if your bezels weren't there instead so the actual image of what we see is compensated for to make up for those bezels. Nothing is distorted or the wrong size or anything.

What do you mean with my hardware and bezel correction there cannot be 1:1 scaling??????? You can have 1:1 scaling with any hardware. Use a FOV calculator to find out what that value is for your given setup

If there's something I'm not understanding, perhaps your or someone else can try to explain to me.

Yes there is and I give it one more go.

This is what happens when you are using bezel correction. FOV calculator http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/ 1:1 with real-life FOV and realistic in-game FOV. FOV calculator res. 5760 x 1080 (16:9) calculates FOV to 17( example), right?

Go to > Nvidia Control Panel > Spam displays with Surround (example) > Bezel Correction > V1&V2 = 110-120 (4 cm bezel) = 6000 x 1080 (bezel corrected) (example), right?
Launch rFactor2 > Video setup resolution > 6000 x 1080 (bezel corrected) > tick box multiview (Rfactor2 miltiview User Interface), right?

Hit the race buttom and go out to the track, park the car. Use keyboard shortcut CTR + ALT + S .What you see is wider and narrower track but height is same, right? You may now think that you can compensate this by FOV but you can not because height (1080) is unchanged. If you compensate FOV monitors are not lined anymore, right?

What is conclusion? 1:1 real-life FOV and realistic in-game FOV are destroyed because scaling is wrong about4-5% when bezel correction 6000 x 1080 is used, right?

Please remeber that we depate rFactor2 multiview . You state that it is excellent. 1:1 with real-life FOV and realistic in-game FOV are destroyed about 4-5% How much it is destroyed is not relevant, it is destroyed. If rF2 Multiview is useable is up to each to judge.

Sorry OT, site admins and all of you. I am 100% off topic . I promise this is THE END from my part. :D

Last edited:
I still don't understand how rFactor 2 apparently doesn't allow a user to use a 1:1 realistic FOV. Other than the fact that your GPU does the bezel compensation instead of the game, I don't see what the difference is. In the end bezel compensation is still done somewhere...perhaps we should discuss this in the rFactor FOV thread --> https://community.racesimcentral.net/showthread.php/93-Setting-up-your-rFactor-FOV-Tutorial

P.S. No need to talk with such an attitude

Last edited:
Great graphic engine, great models, physic and feedback fake and always the same.

Driving seems nice, but try to do crazy things, is not provided, so the car continues to go well.

in rF2 physic and feedback never seems fake. STOP. nothing else matters

I tried DTM and URD T5 and Spa:

pCars 2.17.640
rF2: 2.21.733

both without DRS using.

I tried DTM and URD T5 and Spa:

pCars 2.17.640
rF2: 2.21.733

both without DRS using.

URD T5 is much faster then 2.21.733 at SPA it has huge grip and massive downforce.

Was driving AIDS off pCars DTM at SPA?

2:21 is a good realistic GT time.

I get your point but I think you look from the wrong perspective.

If I rated everything purely on lap times, physics or realism I would only drive 1 sim ......and not even bothering commenting in other sim's threads. p

Of course people are entitled to compare any features they like ....but FFB and physics you flogging a dead horse, everyone understands.
People need to stop treating others like they all come from Forza and NFS.

Take a pCars online, Spa GT with 20-30 drivers in 5/6 GT cars and around your pace 2:20+
No aids, damage, night/day transition, fog, varying rain, pit stops, yadda.

Isn't that great visual immersion and ambiance ? Unrealistic lap times or not you still have to drive consistent.

For me the emotional downsides and upsides even things out .........and it's a long way from Shift2 and Grid. lol

Physics wise pCars is very bland, and as I don't care much (almost at all) about visual effects it left me completely uninspired to drive through years of it's development.

Physics wise pCars is very bland, and as I don't care much (almost at all) about visual effects it left me completely uninspired to drive through years of it's development.

Less bland and inspiring then Isle of Man and Dundrod ripped for a decade, barely any development, put into new gen sims ?

They look worse then 2004 graphics, holes galore and mind numbing billiard table terrain............crap talk about a waste of laps and time. ......... hehehe :)

Yet hundreds of the same people bust pCars for bland feeling will line up to download and drive them.

lool

Last edited:
Less bland and inspiring then Isle of Man and Dundrod ripped for a decade, barely any development, put into new gen sims ?

They look worse then 2004 graphics, holes galore and mind numbing billiard table terrain............crap talk about a waste of laps and time. ......... hehehe :)

Yet hundreds of the same people bust pCars for bland feeling will line up to download and drive them.

lool
I have no idea what the point you're trying to make is, but since you included "lool" at the end of the post I'm guessing you're trying to be humorous.

I have no idea what the point you're trying to make is, but since you included "lool" at the end of the post I'm guessing you're trying to be humorous.

The point is people will bag pCars for bland feel and physics.

Then the next sentence turn around and drive AC with one of the many sub standard tacked together conversions .............like the example I gave you, Isle of Man which has SHOCKING TERRAIN , ABSOLUTELY NO FEEL and LOOKS LIKE CRAP.

( gees even their default tracks are lifeless )

How is that better or less bland ? ............. again with the lool

Why is it I need to repeat myself, seems pretty simple to follow for me ?

Last edited:
STR8 FRWD way to say it DURGE they are both crap compared to rf2. They both need work and have not get the features rf2 has and are only trying to play catch up. SIMPLE AND TRUTHFUL.

The point is people will bag pCars for bland feel and physics.

Then the next sentence turn around and drive AC with one of the many sub standard tacked together conversions .............like the example I gave you, Isle of Man which has SHOCKING TERRAIN , ABSOLUTELY NO FEEL and LOOKS LIKE CRAP.

( gees even their default tracks are lifeless )

How is that better or less bland ? ............. again with the lool

Why is it I need to repeat myself, seems pretty simple to follow for me ?
I still have no idea what your point is. What do you want to debate? You want to debate my priorities? Or you want to debate other people's priorities?

I still have no idea what your point is. What do you want to debate? You want to debate my priorities? Or you want to debate other people's priorities?

you need to "get used" to Durges way of text speech, unfortunately it's lost on a lot of people and most of the time it's a load of twaddle anyway, take it with a pinch of salt and move on ;)

I think what Durge is saying is that many people claim Project Cars' physics to be bland and such, yet many of those same people then go on to play and enjoy Assetto Corsa on some bland, sub-standard track. So basically PCars' driving is no less bland than AC's, yet it blows his (Durge's) mind how so many people are fans of AC's driving yet slam PC's driving even though PC's driving is no less bland than AC's.

Or in other words, why do so many people notice - and are quick to point out - PCars' blandness in driving, yet so many people (including many of those same people) are not able to see the same thing (bland driving) in AC? Why are so many people seemingly biased to point it out against PC but then are blinded to it when it comes to AC?

I think that's sort of what Durge is saying; correct me if I'm wrong, Durge.

Last edited:
Well, as one of "these" people, I think that AC's physics is more edgy. There doesn't seem to be much of a drop off in the lateral slip department in pCars. Not a question of the amount of sliding, just what happens when it does. I am disinclined to spend a lot of time in pCars for that reason, which is a bit sad.

I've not driven any modded tracks in AC FWIW.

Couple of points though. You need a good computer to get the best impression of pCars' graphics. And you need an even better one to get a high FPS - and in my experience that makes the difference in a sim to how connected you feel via the steering. That may all count against pCars as far as a lot of people's opinions.

look I wish I hadn't started this thread. but cant people like what they like without the barrage of negative comments.

I like rf2, GSC, AC RRE and pcars... yes they all have faults but they all each do something you cant get in the other.

RRe- audio, licenses
Gsc- FFb and physics, rare cars
Rf2- A,i realroad, physics and CPM
pcars- gfx and weather and content
AC- ffb gfx

cant we just all agree to disagree that we are lucky with so much good sims. I came from xbox I had racepro and forza to choose, guess what I played?

Dan, I totally agree with what you said, but the main priorities of most sim racers - and the whole point of a simulation - is the simulation of physics.

The only reason why many of us (me included) play sims and are so into physics is because we cant race in real life, or hardly can. If I was Fernando Alonso I wouldn't be all over forums explaining the good parts of a game's physics, the bad part's etc. because even the most realistic one would just be a game and to me they would all just be mainly for some fun and pretty-much nothing more.

However, if you look at simracing from a direct-replacement-of-real-life POV rather than "playing a more realistic than average videogame," then that badically means you play sims because of physics (and FFB right behind). Therefore physics (and FFB) is mostly all you're going to be praising/criticizing/critiquing/paying-attention-to/discussing/debating because those areas will always have room for improvement (well, at-least in our lifetimes).

I don't see what's wrong with people picking apart a sim's/game's physics, wether for good or bad. For many people, physics is the ONLY reason why they play these games - and/or play a certain game over the other - in the first place. It (physics) may very-well even be the only thing he/she is even interested in discussing. Just try not to be a "troll" or "basher" - or just a straight-up a**hole - about it (explain yourself, don't just say "this game drives like crap", "my game sh*ts all over yours", etc.).

Last edited:
its not that I want to raise. its the weight of the wheel.. Theres obviously a problem with the formula cars because they all feel too light ... Most other cars seem fine.

Im happy with the strength of effects.. I don't want to raise that anymore.

The limited dynamic range of toy wheels will always be more obvious on cars which in real life have very heavy steering. If ISI fudges up some fake numbers to make the wheel fell heavy at all times then just think of how bad it will feel for the guys with direct drive wheels. ISI is doing it the right way with linear forces. You just have to suck it up or buy a direct drive wheel.

The limited dynamic range of toy wheels will always be more obvious on cars which in real life have very heavy steering. If ISI fudges up some fake numbers to make the wheel fell heavy at all times then just think of how bad it will feel for the guys with direct drive wheels. ISI is doing it the right way with linear forces. You just have to suck it up or buy a direct drive wheel.

Very good point, Noel.

I guess the faked forces of AC for example, the fudged overblown SAT, is part of makes it feel so numb and dead compared to rF2?

you need to "get used" to Durges way of text speech, unfortunately it's lost on a lot of people and most of the time it's a load of twaddle anyway, take it with a pinch of salt and move on ;)

I can only comprehend 1 out of 100 of his posts. It would make sense if English wasn't his native language but it actually is.

Yesterday I found out one big feature where pCars blows rF2 out: the first one has Donington Park.

645931_orig.jpg

This track is something else, those elevation changes...

I think what Durge is saying is that many people claim Project Cars' physics to be bland and such, yet many of those same people then go on to play and enjoy Assetto Corsa on some bland, sub-standard track. So basically PCars' driving is no less bland than AC's, yet it blows his (Durge's) mind how so many people are fans of AC's driving yet slam PC's driving even though PC's driving is no less bland than AC's.

Or in other words, why do so many people notice - and are quick to point out - PCars' blandness in driving, yet so many people (including many of those same people) are not able to see the same thing (bland driving) in AC? Why are so many people seemingly biased to point it out against PC but then are blinded to it when it comes to AC?

I think that's sort of what Durge is saying; correct me if I'm wrong, Durge.

Congratulations Spinelli! You are now DD's official translator! take it away :)
(no joke either, I would not have understood his post without it)

Back to topic, I hear allot of conflicting stories about whether pcars is forcing aids or not. some say they can't get rid of it, others think it differs per car, other say its only possible to set it 'off' on a server.

Any ideas about this?

I drove the Formula A, B, C, Sauber C9, and a LMP car. I didn't drive the GT3s because I wasn't interested but from the bunch I did drive, it felt like there was something holding me from abusing the car in the F-A, C, C9, and LMP. The F-B is a mess and was progressively killed from being the best drive in the game 2 years ago. The C9 with everything off drove a lot like a GT1 car from GTR2 with amazing brakes, easy handling, and no killer turbo lag to spin my wheels away. I had the game set to Pro and turned stuff off in the options menu - which you'd have figured would have been off - before the sessions. That coupled with the murdered Sakitto (Suzuka), which some people incredulously defended as being superior to the Suzuka layout, completely tuned me out. It wasn't a title I would want to have to drive on my PC with my wheel and pedals, it was something I'd rather have on my - super slim - PS4 library.

I am still waiting for my 25 Euro from SMS, by the way. Over two months now.

must admit, having just tried the dallara with the new CPM

wow just wow..

its the nearest Ive felt in a sim, to my FR2.0 experience on Friday.!!! no BS

Congratulations Spinelli! You are now DD's official translator! take it away :)
(no joke either, I would not have understood his post without it)

Thanks Spin that is exactly what I mean.

...........so we get it right I am not bagging people like to drive lifeless tracks either. lol ;)

But if you going to call the kettle black or is it the shoe fits, glasshouses and rocks ? ............... whatever. p

I can only comprehend 1 out of 100 of his posts. It would make sense if English wasn't his native language but it actually is.

I honestly cannot comprehend how an enlightened individual such as yourself cannot understand that many people, regardless of the language they speak have trouble communicating.
Mental health issues, anxiety, depression... all of the things that many members here suffer with. They want a voice too, and what do they get?

The amount of posts on this forum which are comments about comments is a sad insight to the other side of mental health issues and it makes me feel angry that you have forced me to do just that.

And for your information, although the dialect is strong, Durge is quite legible to most Aussies and once you get to know him, a very knowledgeable, passionate individual that has provided a great deal for this community.

I honestly cannot comprehend how an enlightened individual such as yourself cannot understand that many people, regardless of the language they speak have trouble communicating.
Mental health issues, anxiety, depression... all of the things that many members here suffer with. They want a voice too, and what do they get?

The amount of posts on this forum which are comments about comments is a sad insight to the other side of mental health issues and it makes me feel angry that you have forced me to do just that.

And for your information, although the dialect is strong, Durge is quite legible to most Aussies and once you get to know him, a very knowledgeable, passionate individual that has provided a great deal for this community.

Great passive aggressive post. Congrats!

I was looking at the list of updates for the IndyCar ysterday and think...

'wonder how many will give a damn, instead of just how it feels and how it looks'

Simracers are dying breed folks. Even majority in my league also is doing pCARS now. They dun wanna be coming back from work and thinking abt tire wear and fuel consumption. Which is sad.

Back to topic, I hear allot of conflicting stories about whether pcars is forcing aids or not. some say they can't get rid of it, others think it differs per car, other say its only possible to set it 'off' on a server.

Any ideas about this?

Ther are a few ways to turn off ABS ,TC, SC one via the server allowing aids for MP, the other in game set up for SP, there is also a realistic setting equal to AC's "factory" setting where it only allows what the real cars of that class have, also if TC is "on" in the server in the tuning section you can select how much TC you want via a slider I think default TC is 8% the higher numbers mean less TC & more wheel spin and the lower number uses more TC ectt.. lower is best for the rain ..

you can turn them off/on from the cockpit as long as you mapped the buttons when setting up your wheel/controller's .. its weird tho as you have to switch to one of the external hood type cameras to get the other HUD that shows the aids TC ABS & SC ..the cockpit views don't show the aids lol .. also there are no hidden aids on as long as you know how to turn them off .. lots of players just cant figure it out ...

I was looking at the list of updates for the IndyCar ysterday and think...

'wonder how many will give a damn, instead of just how it feels and how it looks'

Simracers are dying breed folks. Even majority in my league also is doing pCARS now. They dun wanna be coming back from work and thinking abt tire wear and fuel consumption. Which is sad.

The more realistic a sim is, more demanding it is on engineering skills for setting up cars, driving skills, and more hours you must devote to training.

The day a sim will be as accurate as real F1, you'll need a team of 10 engineers around you, full time dedication, and the skills available to less than 100 people on earth to drive it.

You can't blame people having a family life and a demanding job, with about an hour or two of real free time a week, to enjoy having a quick fun with a driving game, instead of being ridiculed on line by kids or teenagers who can drive 10 to 20 hours (or more) a week on a very accurate sim.

And if a good part of your precious hour of free time is dedicated to update the sim, the graphic drivers, or solve whatever mysterious dysfunction, no surprise, some will say this is not for me.

Just my view on it, and have fun racing.

Cheers.

The more realistic a sim is, more demanding it is on engineering skills for setting up cars, driving skills, and more hours you must devote to training.

The day a sim will be as accurate as real F1, you'll need a team of 10 engineers around you, full time dedication, and the skills available to less than 100 people on earth to drive it.

You can't blame people having a family life and a demanding job, with about an hour or two of real free time a week, to enjoy having a quick fun with a driving game, instead of being ridiculed on line by kids or teenagers who can drive 10 to 20 hours (or more) a week on a very accurate sim.

And if a good part of your precious hour of free time is dedicated to update the sim, the graphic drivers, or solve whatever mysterious dysfunction, no surprise, some will say this is not for me.

Cheers.

Well said, this is the reason I even have other sims/racing games. That said, I don't it's impossible to have quick fun in rf2...it's just rare.

Cheers.
Im already aware for the reasons behind it. In my league, there was a healthy group of simracers who do what simracers supposed to do, as u mentioned. But one by one have gotten into the zone (tied the knots and jobs).

And the new generations are just going with the hype.

Cheers.

You don't need that many people to run the game, you'll need a few people to help you setup the car so you can run very competitively.

[/pedantic]

I´m not from Australia but I often smile/laugh when I see Durgedrivens posts, especially his screenshots, lol. He has humour and is a strong character, and not the slightest politically correct, wish more people was like him :)

Yesterday I found out one big feature where pCars blows rF2 out: the first one has Donington Park.

645931_orig.jpg

This track is something else, those elevation changes...

Apart from the very good laser scanned version of Donny available for rF2, can't get more accurate elevation than that :)
On Topic: I got a refund when people at the WMD forums told me to spend thousands on a new PC or go and buy a Playstation. Total k##bs

What laser scanned version of Donington?

If your on about the Simraceway conversion that is floating around then that was certainly not laser scanned

Back