So....who has PCars?

weird...its probably the cars then (or that collision thing). i mostly race opalas & vees in SCE...R3E doesnt really do that kinda stuff, at least not yet.

Gentlemen.. To answer the OP's question, I now have pCARS.
And I love it. Simple as that. Love it! :cool:

Just so nobody gets a stroke here, I'll just say that I'm not really comparing it to rF2 in terms of physics and ffb. That would be ludicrous imho.
rF2 is in a league of its own, goes without saying.
The way I see it there's rF2, and then the rest, the B league, the challengers, whatever you wanna call 'em, consisting of pCARS, AC, iRacing, SCE, R3E.

I must say pCARS has really surprised me in the nicest possible way and leaps straight ahead of the bunch I just mentioned.
First of all it's so immersive, and a complete racing spectacle. Raw, dirty, gritty and most important of all: FUN.
Graphics are mind blowing, like you'd expect. Being in that world is even more impressive that I'd have thought.

There's a lot going on in the ffb, much more than I would've thought by reading people's reports. Tons of ffb options to tweak, which is great too. Can't wait to dive further into those settings.
Plenty of little subtleties, bumps, etc. Oversteer feels quite nice and understeer translates really well. There's a much better feeling of what the tires are doing than in AC for instance.

Low speed physics are good, and the car feels great when rotating though slow corners.
Generally the physics, although simplified, feel better than AC's, because there much more logic to pCARS physics I find.
I'm not being throw off the track because of the physics suddenly failing, which is quite a big plus. ;)

I've seen horror examples posted about the AI, but I've yet to encounter really crazy AI behavior.
Yeah they go off track once in a while, but what the heck, it just adds to the spectacle. ;)
All in all the AI is x1000 better than AC's AI.
I had a 40 minute battle with an AI car at Imola over 8th position. He defended in a gentlemanly fashion and I never managed to get by. Great fun!

Optimization is great too, I'm running very high settings, no vsync and getting great fps all over, and no tearing either.

Okay I don't have time for all this writing... Gotta go race some more.
To those who haven't yet tried it, pCARS is highly recommendable. :)

Re-adjusted list William:

Physics:

1. rFactor 2
2. Assetto Corsa
3. Project CARS

AI:

1. rFactor 2
2. Project CARS
3. Assetto Corsa

Force Feedback:

1. rFactor 2
2. Assetto Corsa
3. Project CARS

With 80,000 members before they closed upgrades ( let alone new members + consoles ) why would they need to do a demo. ;)

If this is just to be a thread on physics, tyres, Ai

rF2
==

Ai - 1
FFB - 1
Physics - 1

AC
==

Ai - 3
FFB - 3
Physics - 2

pCars
====

Ai - 2
FFB - 2
Physics - 3

hehe p

No accounting for taste ..........lool p

....... and I got called a nutcase. loool

ProjectCars is the "GT of PC" is my line. lol ;)

Gentlemen.. To answer the OP's question, I now have pCARS.
And I love it. Simple as that. Love it! :cool:

Just so nobody gets a stroke here, I'll just say that I'm not really comparing it to rF2 in terms of physics and ffb. That would be ludicrous imho.
rF2 is in a league of its own, goes without saying.
The way I see it there's rF2, and then the rest, the B league, the challengers, whatever you wanna call 'em, consisting of pCARS, AC, iRacing, SCE, R3E.

I must say pCARS has really surprised me in the nicest possible way and leaps straight ahead of the bunch I just mentioned.
First of all it's so immersive, and a complete racing spectacle. Raw, dirty, gritty and most important of all: FUN.
Graphics are mind blowing, like you'd expect. Being in that world is even more impressive that I'd have thought.

There's a lot going on in the ffb, much more than I would've thought by reading people's reports. Tons of ffb options to tweak, which is great too. Can't wait to dive further into those settings.
Plenty of little subtleties, bumps, etc. Oversteer feels quite nice and understeer translates really well. There's a much better feeling of what the tires are doing than in AC for instance.

Low speed physics are good, and the car feels great when rotating though slow corners.
Generally the physics, although simplified, feel better than AC's, because there much more logic to pCARS physics I find.
I'm not being throw off the track because of the physics suddenly failing, which is quite a big plus. ;)

I've seen horror examples posted about the AI, but I've yet to encounter really crazy AI behavior.
Yeah they go off track once in a while, but what the heck, it just adds to the spectacle. ;)
All in all the AI is x1000 better than AC's AI.
I had a 40 minute battle with an AI car at Imola over 8th position. He defended in a gentlemanly fashion and I never managed to get by. Great fun!

Optimization is great too, I'm running very high settings, no vsync and getting great fps all over, and no tearing either.

Okay I don't have time for all this writing... Gotta go race some more.
To those who haven't yet tried it, pCARS is highly recommendable. :)

Yeah that is about spot on to me and what I tried to convey.

OT
If you weigh up all features I don't see how anyone could rate this lower then AC.
Like even if they feel AC physics/ Ai and FFB is better surely the enhanced Career options, Night, Weather and working wipers makes up for it. lol

I like the cockpits more then AC too ( they feel more immersive probably due to the ambiance ) and some of the tracks are mesmerizing, Zolder comes to mind. It also just has a better range of vehicles. I struggle to understand why AC is on a pedestal is all.

AC I feel I am in a sim with monitor bezel
pCars I feel I am in sim but the bezel sort of evaporates.
rF2 ( many historic cars ) whats a bezel ? I feel like I am in a real car, huh ?

lool ;)

Serious though if it was possible to add the best of both ( rF2 and pCars ) you would have the most fantastic sim, one worthy of 90-95%

Last edited:
Go on tell me I am spamming. lol

One effect I have never described about ProjectCars is the mild obsession with wanting to drive cars and tracks I wouldn't normally. :confused:

BMW M1 , Caterham SP300R , Cadwell, Snetterton to name a few ......... and heavens forbid modern OW and tracks even ! . lol p

I struggle to understand why AC is on a pedestal is all.

For a lot of people, I expect it is their first foray into simracing on the PC.
If you are used to gaming in general, or consoles, you may be put off by iracings costs, by rf2s graphics etc.

You can become invested in something, heck like we can be with rF2, to the exclusion of everything else.
I don't understand it, I'll buy all the sims but a lot of others it seems cannot justify 40 bucks for thousands of hours of work.

I'd have to suggest these kind of people(way to generalise mat) may be more in love with their ego than they are with our genre.

Another thing I like is having actual marbles on the road surface (particles/meshes/bilboards?). They're not the most realistic looking thing I've ever seen, and they seem to on the racing line more than I'd expect, and I'm not sure if they build up dynamically (or at all), and I'm not sure if they effect grip, but geeeee it's cool to see the car in front flick them up at me :)

I'm getting a bit Kimi Raikkonen about having selected Pro mode, then having the pit guy tell me to keep momentum up in Porsche Curves, slipstream on Mulsanne, and block the guy behind me. Shut up, I know what I'm doing. And also, why not a bit of Hamilton-esque - hey man, don't talk to me in the corners, I nearly went off. What's more, why can't I, as an Audi LMP1 driver, have a female race engineer?

And... I want to be able to do the driving in pit lane!! :(

If anyone wants to see a semi-funny glitch/bug in pcars, pull up in the escape road at Indianapolis corner at Le Mans :)

Last edited:
yeah i dont get auto-pitout, i guess its some...thing....always hated it, but it must be easier to do than not do for some reason. i think theyre ditching it soon tho.

Another thing I like is having actual marbles on the road surface (particles/meshes/bilboards?). They're not the most realistic looking thing I've ever seen, and they seem to on the racing line more than I'd expect, and I'm not sure if they build up dynamically (or at all), and I'm not sure if they effect grip, but geeeee it's cool to see the the car in front flick them up at me :)

That is called Longford sheep droppings mate. lool

They really should have done better with the marbles, does not look like they changed it since Shift.

I expect little stuff like that in pCars2 will get more attention, ( considering the amount of content they have to use and probably even more early release subscriptions )

rF2 fine particle is better too imho.

For a lot of people, I expect it is their first foray into simracing on the PC.
If you are used to gaming in general, or consoles, you may be put off by iracings costs, by rf2s graphics etc.

You can become invested in something, heck like we can be with rF2, to the exclusion of everything else.
I don't understand it, I'll buy all the sims but a lot of others it seems cannot justify 40 bucks for thousands of hours of work.

I'd have to suggest these kind of people(way to generalise mat) may be more in love with their ego than they are with our genre.

I think it is a Ferrari / Italy " thing " Mat.

loool ;)

I was just thinking after woo's post how cool would it be do a Lan at Longford Festival, big tent, genny, BBQ'd baa baa lol ;)

I messed up around 4-5 hours, to get the FFB a little bit appearing on my G27 Wheel. Curbs are now fine, but the FFB on straights is very poor. The Bump between T1 and T2 on Silverstone i can feel, but nothing more. Something very strange happened on Siverstone, too. The Car wents left, just as the steering help (switched off) comes in very suddenly...

Multiplayer seems have some serious Bugs, too. A lot of Ghost Cars around, but without collision detection. And...as expected, a lot of wrecker/crasher presence :(

The replay function is buggy, too. Managed photo finish from P10 to P8 and the Replay ends 1 Minute (total 10:50 Minutes) before...grrrrrrrrrrr

yeah i dont get auto-pitout, i guess its some...thing....always hated it, but it must be easier to do than not do for some reason. i think theyre ditching it soon tho.

I've been a member over at WMD since near the beginning (3yrs-ish) & did warn the devs about the badness of the AI taking over in the pitlane. They will fix this in the near future with a choice of driving yourself or not. I'm pretty sure it was wrapped up with car positioning & the pit-crew animations, & also being able to virtually "run over" your pit crew..!

I think it's great, & the whole charm for me is its very difference from rF2 :)

Last edited:
all great comments guys..

did a gt race with the darch (oops sorry Porsche) at laguna, in the rain awesome awesome fun... Also had no problems with the ai save a few cutting the corkscrew, but only because they got in a tangle. Wet racing is fun again.....

I would say actually the porche felt very similar to the URD gt car physics. I could compare pcars to URD physics in a nutshell

first impression physics let it down and tyres BUT visually brilliant. Biggest loser .... AC, as being of what id call the same genre it eats AC alive

first impression physics let it down and tyres BUT visually brilliant. Biggest loser .... AC, as being of what id call the same genre it eats AC alive

Yeah it really does, I agree.
Everything AC set out to do, rF2 and pCARS now do much better imo.
For me AC has been left in a limbo, a no-man's land.

rF2 takes care of the physics, force feedback and fantastic AI.
pCARS takes care of the "spectacle", the visuals, the "fun factor" and so on.

Remind me again, what does AC do best..?

Was anyone a junior member?
It only cost me £10 years ago but I only received £8 off the game (same deal to be had on green man gaming!)

SMS won't even have to put out a screenshot to greenlight pCars2, apparently it is get in on time, one price or you will miss out again.

They have the power to bully you now. lol ;)

95-100% of everything. :rolleyes:

lool

Was anyone a junior member?
It only cost me £10 years ago but I only received £8 off the game (same deal to be had on green man gaming!)

Team member 25EU you get it for 1/2 price...which means not a lot either. lol

They that confident of "drop off numbers" that they only give you 3 months to take it up too.

Last edited:
except, you know, they barely market...they do hype stuff by teasing content (& content, btw, is the actual answer imo & what will be sure to keep me coming back to AC)

bc of the moddability, your glee at its impending demise is...a little sad, but also very premature. also, regardless of your opinions, its clear that most people dont think pC flattens AC in terms of physics, ffb, AI. in fact i see more ppl saying they prefer AC in those categories, with, as DD says, pCARS feature list doing a lot to equalize the titles for them.

i was a little afraid that pCARS would be an R3E killer, actually. it isnt, as w/ AC, will most likely just get more ppl playing the sim. really happy w/ this game, but wish AC fanboys could chill out...theyre acting like the rf2 fanboys do about AC

Yeah it really does, I agree.
Everything AC set out to do, rF2 and pCARS now do much better imo.
For me AC has been left in a limbo, a no-man's land.

rF2 takes care of the physics, force feedback and fantastic AI.
pCARS takes care of the "spectacle", the visuals, the "fun factor" and so on.

Its all a matter of taste so this is just my personal opinion of course. I like the Physics and FFB much much better in AC than in Pcars - and honestly I also like the visuals better in AC except from the amazing weather effects in Pcars. New benchmark there for sure. AC has always performed super smooth for me which is important. RF2 can deliver the best physics and FFB in some cases but there are just too few high quality tracks and cars compared to AC which is why AC is still the sim I spend most time with at the moment. Maybe a big factor is that I am not all that into vintage cars and tracks. If RF2 had more tracks in Silverstone quality it would perhaps be different.

AC multiplayer really suits my needs as well since I dont have the time for leagues etc. There are always servers to join with interesting cars and tracks. So to me personally AC just delivers the best overall experience. Pls remember this is just my personal opinion and I am not saying I am right but thats how things are to me in all honesty.

except, you know, they barely market...they do hype stuff by teasing content (& content, btw, is the actual answer imo & what will be sure to keep me coming back to AC)

bc of the moddability, your glee at its impending demise is...a little sad, but also very premature. also, regardless of your opinions, its clear that most people dont think pC flattens AC in terms of physics, ffb, AI. in fact i see more ppl saying they prefer AC in those categories, with, as DD says, pCARS feature list doing a lot to equalize the titles for them.

i was a little afraid that pCARS would be an R3E killer, actually. it isnt, as w/ AC, will most likely just get more ppl playing the sim. really happy w/ this game, but wish AC fanboys could chill out...theyre acting like the rf2 fanboys do about AC

Yeah I would never suggest AC is flattened in any category other then phrases to accentuate a point. ;)

Funny thing about modding, people complain there is unfinished work and updates needed all sims, poor AC mods, not enough good rF2 mods, too many sims diluting modders , yadda ...

Then in the same sentence they will pick on SMS for not having modding ( so they can complain about it too ? ) lol

edit:

"pCars Lame award " p

and the winner goes to emails ! lol

Seriously would even your average 2015 8 year old cop that repeating groupie stuff ? p

" Woooww DD !@!! " lmao

Then the next race you finish 3rd, secure the championship for the last round and you are a mug ? loool

There is also one guy emails I would like to punch in the face, arrogant know it all he is. hehehe p

Team is never happy unless you win every race either. p

Last edited:

Every adult person which has some usefull braincells will see and understand whom are just childish and fanboys, or try to self justify themself. The best are those trying to cloud there real thinking or personality. I can see fake people, believe me.

In general, nothing of this message is directed at you.

Don't suggest people to behave as a fake yourself. Try to be a man with balls before.

I absoluty don't like to compare competitor soft at the wrong place, even if it may is intresting to read for some.

Go and tell Ian Bell and Kunos how you think about there work.

But yes i know the self justifying people need it this way as it seems.

Hey rf2 is best but i also can have fun with games, as you can see.

I said this once i say it again, i've never seen such a sick community as the sim community, of which of the sickest are at this place to find.

No offense, but my honest opinion. ;)

lol :D

to be clear im not saying anyone is being 'fake', i generally take ppl at their word unless there is very good reason not to. i just disagreed w/ the suggestion that this is some kind of AC killer. on the contrary its probably been, & will be, a positive for AC. and if we can just get rf2 on steam, all the more reason it should be a positive for this as well.

Sorry. It appears I dropped my smiley face. You know, the queue for you to laugh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rFactor2 to steam give me a brake, few ISI cars from 60`s and few from -+2010, pCars has 60 cars from 60`s, 70`s, 80`s, 90`s 2000`s and 2010, I think ISI knows better then that when it comes to marketing.

Third party community needs a wake up call before any release on steam.

I rather have 3-4 new cars per year that are as good as rF2 AC Cobra, than 60 cars all with more or less same feeling, as in these console targeted games.

I knew eventually this thread would turn into a "rF2 fanboys" mud slinging contest. If you like something or don't like something, it's clearly because you're a "fanboy" of something else. :p

Well I have now bought PCars.

I can't judge the game properly yet because the physics / FFB is all over the place and there are enough setting permutations to keep me experimenting for a month or more. Main problems are FFB dropping off in slow turns and terrible under steer which won't dial out with Tow / Roll Bar / Caster / Differential settings or trail braking!

I keep reading good things about Assetto Corsa and reinstalling it to see if I missed something, wasting time playing with settings to try to bring it to life.

By contrast FFB / Physics are excellent on RFactor 2 and there is a good FFB thread on this forum to tweak out clipping and optimise slow speed accuracy. I had a 40 minute single player race at the Hockenheimring in the Spark F2 this week including a 10 minute battle for the lead with the AI beating me into the hairpin consistently, followed by a long battle to pull out enough lead so that I could exit the hairpin in front. It was great fun (if exhausting) due to the physics and FFB which put your senses on edge even if your technique is poor. Real gritty racing against AI! The lead changed place quite a few times.

My hope with PCars is to use it for endurance racing in changing weather for the immersion factor, yet so far the weather works better in RFactor2 with it's drying line and evolving grip. Rfactor 2 just needs to address the variable graphics by delivering more of the high quality, detailed circuits and avoiding the grainy looking ones. I am confident that my money wasn't wasted on PCars because the issues I mention can surely be improved to a level where I can use both "sims" for different moods. Meanwhile I just uninstalled Assetto Corsa again....I still must be missing something with that one.

I have a G25 Wheel and can't see why both AC and PCars cannot issue their recommended settings for the games to behave as the developers intended. That alone might stop bad reviews based on confused settings?

Update: OK So I implemented the excellent Jack Spade FFB Tweaker File and now the under steer has gone and I have a rather fun, sometimes challenging, very atmospheric arcade racer :-/ With the FFB working the physics are shown up as being completely unrealistic if that's a fair description?

Last edited:
as a last resort for the understeer have you tried the steering ratio in the setup?

Could anyone confirm to me that it is possible to run pCars on triple setup? I read somewhere (could be here in fact) the game only supports single screen. Thnx in advance

rFactor2 to steam give me a brake, few ISI cars from 60`s and few from -+2010, pCars has 60 cars from 60`s, 70`s, 80`s, 90`s 2000`s and 2010, I think ISI knows better then that when it comes to marketing.

Third party community needs a wake up call before any release on steam.

It's ISI's job to make the content! and the bad thing is that they said, the ideal case would be to sell their game engine to other gamemakers. So all we can expect is to get more random content every now and then. 80$ for that **** is too much.

I've just driven a Audi LMS (GT) around Sakkito (Suzuka) and it's quite terrible. The car seems to has no suspension, it's utterly arcadish. I didn't bother try the AI or full weekend race, no point to drive a sim which physics appears to be worse than Gran Turismo.

Could anyone confirm to me that it is possible to run pCars on triple setup? I read somewhere (could be here in fact) the game only supports single screen. Thnx in advance

Yes you can , have run it on triple screen for 2 years .

It's ISI's job to make the content! and the bad thing is that they said, the ideal case would be to sell their game engine to other gamemakers. So all we can expect is to get more random content every now and then. 80$ for that **** is too much.

most of pCARS cars arent any 'cooler' than what you can get with rf2 + URDs GTE pack (or apex's gt3 mod). the graphics can look gorgeous & a lot of people (with wheels) will appreciate the ffb & steep learning curve. rf2 offers a unique experience & all gettting it on steam will do is make more people aware of it...

if you look at the pCARS steam board, 90% (of the non forza/GT) comparisons are to assetto corsa, which, yes, its shinier than rf2 & has supercars, but steam is why its sold as well as it has. i see rf2 mentioned less that R3E & SCE, sims which are on steam..(reiza's 'coolest' car is what, the camaro? lol). anyway, the reason i didnt find the non-sequitor (?) about ACs 'marketing' funny is that lets be honest, the people who market these sims are the fans (/fanboys), people who already have the game & love it. even pCARS, why did they need to market themselves, for PC anyway? they had an ARMY of ground soldiers doing that. you saw (and see) the same thing with AC, now SCE...where is rf2? one possible answer: an internet backwater. (ie, an independent PC game not on steam)

idk if you think rf2 content is just balls or something thats your opinion, but id like to see more 60s content, the cobra is amazing. really though i guess my hope for the next year is a focus on updating the current cars.

I've just driven a Audi LMS (GT) around Sakkito (Suzuka) and it's quite terrible. The car seems to has no suspension, it's utterly arcadish. I didn't bother try the AI or full weekend race, no point to drive a sim which physics appears to be worse than Gran Turismo.

Seems that some people have knowledge of the cause of certain issue in game (AC, RF2 etc).

How do you know that its the physics fault?

Back