So....who has PCars?

'irrational hatred towards inanimate object' (cannot remmeber the name for this condition).

i believe youre thinking of "'simcade'-snide", which afaik is some sort of hipster infection, causes unknown, speculated to be generated by putting an excessive amount of emotional investment into another inanimate object, in this case, a home racing simulator.

Damnit Golanv!! How am I supposed to focus on hitting my marks if I have Taylor Swift stuck in my head!? Also the song.

Found this comment from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/354818/project_cars_and_its_physics/

"I've been on board as a Senior Member with pCARS since the beginning. A lot of the early builds had great physics, but it slowly went downhill as the game got closer to release. I'm really not sure what happened, but there's a disconnect that I can't quite put my finger on. Braking distances and overall stability through the turns seems inaccurate. I find it far too easy to complete laps at full pace. I was not impressed with the build that I drove a few days ago, which is what I assume is the final product.

As far as realism, iRacing is still top tier.

As far as something to hop into and drive some badass racecars with full steering wheel support, pCARS is pretty decent.

Edit: As /u/arsenicfox stated, this is not the Sim that we were promised. Earlier builds were much more realistic."

Could it be that at some point they choosed to target the game for more casual players. Maybe money men stepped in and said that simulators doesn't make enough money.

Who would have made such a decision, Ian Bell? I am not surprised at this revelation since the little kiddies on their consoles get their allowances to buy their games and seem to rule all and sundry with their said allowances. I wish they would go back to their Grandma's attic and rock out and stay out of the multiplayer lobbies crashing into anyone and everyone. :rolleyes:

Lol... watch this! The guy approaches to T1 intending to drift at 250 km/h, the car commences to slide and the speed drops magically to 50 km/h in less than 30 meters. Great physics! Do this in rF2 or even in Race 07 and you'll need a sealed coffin to be buried.

C'mon... :eek:

110+ to 30+ mph with brakes applied? thats a clio, it can even reach 250 km/h

Yikes... if pCARS is "simcade" (I don't think it is) I'd hate to think what AC then qualifies as.
The spiritual successor to Mario Kart? ;)

Sorry I'll stop now.
Actually i wan't come back to this thread but i had to lough as i read this. Not that i'm supporting your love about AC and how you call it out all over the place, but the joke was really nice, even if it wasn't intended as a joke but dissing another developer again.

Howsoever, but i hope you not really believe that any driving sim could top the popularity of Mario Kart, no matter how hard they try. [emoji4]
AC was developed in an office above a pit lane... It can't be simcade. It's just impossible. Hehe.
I can't get into it, no matter how hard i try but i don't think the goal would be a successor to Mario Kart. It seems they simply don't know better, or have the wrong audience in the house, leading in the wrong direction.

I don't know, but yes it is better than Mario Kart ofc.

im more convinced in the physics in pcars then in that new palatov car that's for sure...

Think some of you are should take your blinkers off.. and stop worrying that maybe rf2 will get knocked off its beloved mantelpiece!!!

Rf fanboys same as AC fanboys...

Who would have made such a decision, Ian Bell? I am not surprised at this revelation since the little kiddies on their consoles get their allowances to buy their games and seem to rule all and sundry with their said allowances. I wish they would go back to their Grandma's attic and rock out and stay out of the multiplayer lobbies crashing into anyone and everyone. :rolleyes:

Typical of you lot, insult people with childish comments ..............that is all you are capable of.

Why do you give a toss if I or anyone else likes it. ? Please enlighten me ?

How does it affect you ..........( well I can see that, pretty obvious. ) :rolleyes: lol

When did pcars promised it would have the best physics. lmao

If these disaffected investors thought lol that pCars was going to be the Best they were deluded from the outset.

Saying it was more realistic early builds ? TOTAL BS lol

They should get off their high horses and don't worry about what others enjoy. ?

p

its a good 50-100 meters. have you tried it in rf2? :)

Unfortunately no same car / track to do, but I'll see what can I do. BTW Dubai is a nice track, there was an "official" version in GTR2, very fun to drive.

There's some absurd car reactions along the video, the tyre should be made of some extraterrestrial material.

Unfortunately no same car / track to do, but I'll see what can I do. BTW Dubai is a nice track, there was an "official" version in GTR2, very fun to drive.

There's some absurd car reactions along the video, the tyre should be made of some extraterrestrial material.

I said first post years ago......... " it is best driven within limits "

All that disaffected investor tells you is stuff I already knew.

lol

?

What sim ever improved or worsened so much over build time ? Like be fair dinkum ?
They all keep their general characteristics

lol he must have thought pCars was Oliver Queen

" .......to do this I must become someone else................Something else"

LMAO

to be fair, pcars has enjoyable physics and an enjoyable structure to the sim..... playing the career now and starting in karts and absolutely loving it,, imi excited to get in to a clio or a Formula rookie.... This sim has created something no racing sim has done before and that's a believable career.... (just blown my kart engine lol)

Its a shame some of you will just sit there n bash it because its a awesome racing sim/game.... and I think personally your missing out guys... Yes it may not be as realistic as rf2 by the numbers, but god damn is sure feels as good.

The more sad in these days are and how humans, or should i say selfish animals, is that gaming seems more important than to support Philadelphia.

I see a lot of silly threads and comments, but no one has a single word for those in pain.

Aren't you americans, or at least the most here ?

Very sad. shame on you.

Actually i wan't come back to this thread but i had to lough as i read this. Not that i'm supporting your love about AC and how you call it out all over the place, but the joke was really nice, even if it wasn't intended as a joke but dissing another developer again.

Howsoever, but i hope you not really believe that any driving sim could top the popularity of Mario Kart, no matter how hard they try. [emoji4]

Heh you shouldn't take it too seriously. My strained relationship with AC is becoming somewhat of a running gag these days. ;)

I respect the devs and I appreciate (as in understand) what they're trying to achieve. Respect for them wanting to do things their way.
Successful or not, it's still admirable that they're not following anyone else's footsteps.

That said, remember when Kunos labeled AC "the most realistic PC simulator"? I think it's okay to poke them a bit now and again, after they've made such a claim. ;)

The more sad in these days are and how humans, or should i say selfish animals, is that gaming seems more important than to support Philadelphia.

I see a lot of silly threads and comments, but no one has a single word for those in pain.

Aren't you americans, or at least the most here ?

Very sad. shame on you.

Ok we just entered the Twilight Zone me thinks

Fv1xP.gif

Desert Island..........leave me rF2, I would be happy.

lol

Keep going speed you just get the thread closed mate ;)

I know the point you are making , I do understand, but you can't go accuse people of no compassion.

I 'm aware of there arogance, but even if it is fun for you, it is not ok man in my opinion.

I also am not convienced at all, but if i was intrested in to support them i would tell them face to face, but i'm not exactly because of there arogance.

About WMD i don't think that i need to say anything, because the most know my relationship to them, and i still like the devs, no matter what they think about me.

All the other genius people i may not share the same technical view with about vehicle dynamics i still respect for there doing because i know how hard it must be to interprete and sumulate right.

Don't diss. try to be constructive if you like cars and racing is the only advise i can give you all.

Keep out the toxid and don't hurt people working hard for there family and children.

It simply isn't ok in my opinion.

It wan't help you to try to compensate your false doing man. It just weakens your seriousity further. ;)

It wan't help you to try to compensate your false doing man. It just weakens your seriousity further. ;)

lool

;)

Well, I am happy enough with all sims, like I said I still drive GPL and if something special comes out ( like Spa '67 ) I may spend a week or more with it.

I mean if we talking about feel and unnatural things you can make cars do I must be the biggest dropkick of all ? .... wasting my life driving 17 year old fizzix. :confused:

p

Last edited:
Don't think so. It was great for it's time, and there is nothing wrong with to like it, but that has nothing to do with the evolving tec.

If we had stopped to evolve and engineers don't developed further to improve, we still would die in a car while G's would brake our neck while someone would crash in our backend, just because they where to silly to understand that the driver seat needs support for the neck. ;)

I'm one of those logged loads of data as i tested brakes with cars in early developement to improve brake efficiency in the early 90's , and without guys like me, brakes where never as efficient as they are nowedays. Just as example. ;)

It's amazing how people just assume that you can build a good physics engine just because you want to. As far as I can tell the best thing about pCARS is being able to run your mouth all day about it. Geezus just shut the eff up already and go play your masterpiece if it's so much fun. Some of you are worse than the damn corrupt full of ____ investors. Why is it so important to plug this title 24x7???

And why would you be reading the thread? Just to hear one point of view about it?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, id say on the list of ppl on this thread who are in need of some kind medication, he might very place dead last...

It's amazing how people just assume that you can build a good physics engine just because you want to. As far as I can tell the best thing about pCARS is being able to run your mouth all day about it. Geezus just shut the eff up already and go play your masterpiece if it's so much fun. Some of you are worse than the damn corrupt full of ____ investors. Why is it so important to plug this title 24x7???

Funny when in the all those AC fight threads ( countless ) people only brought up GSC, iRacing AC and rF2 , 100's of pages of it ?

Not only that show me a single person said it is as good rFactor2 ? and even if they do so what ?

Go back look at those AC threads some people used it as a excuse to bag rF2. .......... I don't see anyone here doing that.

Anyway I just want to see who gets the thread closed.

Keep it up you going well.

p

up the medication mate.. Its blurring reality

I think you confusing what he actually means.

More so why are you not at reviewers sites gave pCars and AC 95% and whinging at them. ? .............talk about blur reality. lol

It's like some sort of strange cult turning everyone insane. "Go, my people, go. Go forth and proclaim the good news of pCARS. Especially in other forums." And I thought the desperate investor hype was creepy...

its a brand new sim & the biggest release ever (to my knowledge)...so people are talking about it. many of those ppl like it. deal with it.

It's like some sort of strange cult turning everyone insane. "Go, my people, go. Go forth and proclaim the good news of pCARS. Especially in other forums." And I thought the desperate investor hype was creepy...

But to be fair look how the AC threads went.

If this was made to have a go at rF2 or PCars I would have been dead set against it.

But now, not only are people having a go at it, they debate others mental states.

That's creepy lool ;)

Yep maybe I'm confused, swore he means pcars feels as good as rf2 ? I will say it again, l have it, don't hate it but ain't in rf2 's league as far as simulating the feel of a car. IMHO.��

Last edited:
Reading this thread really shows how tainted opinions really can be. I do not think there is one single honest review/opinion here about pCars.
I havent driven this game my self so cant say much, but I can quote a person who has an inkling about what he is talking about, and I have always been able to trust his judgement even if I dont always 100% agree.
I just got a text from my friend in question, who has done reallife racing and been playing sims since Indy500, GP1, GPL etc...
The text said the following:

"This is the buggiest game I have ever seen hit the sim racing circles.
Physics affects driving occationally, rest of the time its anybodys guess whats going to happen. AI doesnt have physics, it drives 1980's F1 car with two wheels left attached as fast as the rest of the group with all four.
If you hit AI, you fly off the track, but no effect on the AI. AI can't spin. Random weather doesnt work unless you crank up the time acceleration, and then it works sometimes.
Everysingle aspect in the game needs ton of tweaking before you can even use it. After you have reached the result that makes you comfortable to drive, you can't really enjoy any of it because you WILL bumb into a bug or five everytime you load up a circuit. If you make the mistake of firing up any other "sim", you get the feeling that you just spent an hour piddling with settings, just to be reminded how good all these other games are. There really should be a law against releasing crap like this. Next time I hope they atleast face smash the keyboard rather than just drink away the poor fans money. Back to GtaV!"
(translated from Finnish, lacks few "power words".)

I think I'll borrow his copy and try myself, cause that sounds like a train wreck I have to see.

Hi all.

I really hope pCars gets better. As of now, IMHO, I just wasted $49.99 for a pretty picture. I have been trying hard to make it work and feel like rF2 or maybe close to it. Not a chance. The graphics are stunning, no doubt, but nowhere the hyped up videos they were showing before launch. All cars I've tried seem to have bad rack and pinion steering with a huge slop in the middle. I bet there's some setting somewhere to take that up but I haven't seen it yet. FFB seems like an afterthought with nearly random bumps here and there to make it do something. Some cars support both stick and paddles and they are enabled both at the same time! It's fun trying to shift. If you leave the stick on N, the paddles will go through N on every shift. Hey, I'm sure that's something I need to change but out of box, it's screwed up.

Then there's Steam. I don't want it. I don't want that running in the background calling home and pulling updates while I'm doing other things. I don't want any other game from Steam. But I have to have it to run pCars. I bought my digital copy from GameStop thinking that it wouldn't need Steam - wrong. At least Amazon warns about this up front.

Overall, it feels like they were shooting for consoles as main target and compromised a lot on the PC version. I keep hoping an update will make it all better since the graphics are so great.

JR

That's where I stopped because I assumed the rest is lies as well. Why not just watch gameplay videos on youtube to prove this is BS?

No, it happens A LOT. It's left over from Shift. The AI bumps you, and off the track you go. It's like you lose all grip and downforce for a split second.

It doesn't happen every time like the guy suggested, depends on the car, but it does happen A LOT. Way more than it should.

Back