Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

No mate and I won't be.

AC is not for me looks like a sim version of pCARS.

I know from comments it is not going to be better to drive, I think people kid themselves they think it will change much whenever it is finished.
rF2 feels the same it did 2 years ago

Add to that limited modding from what I hear and how would you ever do a Targa for it we already have it in rF2.

I think for instance rF2 Monza looks way more realistic then anything else out there.

GPL and rF are ugly ducklings but have feel and soul. :)

I know that is romantic notion, besides the fact ..........I can't afford it. hehehe.

If you worried about graphics rF2 will look much better in 2 years AC will look the same as it does now.

I`ve not gone for it yet either... I can only go by videos/screens and what people have said and I`ve heard too many people say they are not happy (so far) and it`s not been quite what they expected...

Not going to junp on this one... wasn`t all that impressed with the demo anyway.

Time will tell. ;)

rF2 beta has been a great experience from day one for mine.

LiveRacers will add a new dimension for first timers.

I want to get a official ranked rookies room going, get a bigger kick from seeing others improve.

OT lool p

I still reckon all developers are missing getting closer to iRacing's domination in "hardcore" for one biggie iR does not have aids.

Why rF2 can't make 2 version one normal , one Pro ? ( Pro would require full manual controls, every blip and heel and toe would have to be right )

People could buy normal version and get their ranks, even have a ranking requirement to even run the Pro version no matter if you have best sim gear or not.
That would bring it inline with iR, as well stop a lot rookies buying it, but still give them the knowledge it is there to take. ;)

The ranking system could be used by teams to look at prospective drivers to upgrade to Pro version.

Pro version I would look logically and say what can't I use in a real road/ race car. Simple as that.

I am pretty sure not many race cars have on OSD Motec on their windows or wear visual headsets yet most people take HUDs as a normal racing thing.

That would and I believe will be the next evolution, authentic simulation. :)

They have all pushed the boundaries of physics and visual immersion a fair bit in the last decade yet we are locked into the same concept of making one version fit all.

the old line " But but you can just turn the aids off DD ? " ............does not cut it anymore for mine, in fact it never did.

Hahahaha DD is like a 'Ol dog with a big bone hehehehe
did i miss something?it is not possible run a server with aids off.
why you need an extra hardcore game.in iracing you also set auto clutch.and the mclaren have break assist.the mazda`s are easy to drive.

Well, I've given it a go, here is my impression:

Well, it's definitely early days. I am going to reserve judgement, but, honestly at this point I would steer people away until a more substantial build is available. I'm not going to go into detail like I said I would earlier, it's just not at a point of comparison. I think it's not even as polished as the Tech Demo, graphically or physics wise.

First take aways:
- Quite grippy
- Heavy steering and FFB.
- Not very detailed FFB
- Anti-Aliasing is not doing its job. There is bad aliasing everywhere. When using nvidia control panel AA (which puts a MASSIVE hit on FPS) things don't get any better.
- HDR on or Off, there is way too much brightness. The scene often looks completely blown out to me.
- Framerates are way below where they should be for the visual quality present. Maxed out I stay around 60fps, with dips to the 40s. From what I see on screen though, it should be much higher.
- External Replays look better than driving in cockpit. This is further querulous as framerates seem to improve in replay mode.
- No visual damage

I drove two cars (M3 GT2 and 458 Italia) on two tracks (imola and silverstone). Both tracks seemed lacklustre to me in visual representation, perhaps it was all of the aliasing bringing it down. It looked worse than the Tech Demo to me, though. Neither track had feel worth noting. The BMW M3 GT2 looks unfinished on the interior. Lots of flat textures, very simple graphically. The Ferrari 458 Italia was much nicer graphically on the interior, seemed close to being finished, if not done. Both cars had unique feel, but FFB was dull and heavy.

I am looking forward to the many updates to come.
Pretty much bang on. Too much hype over this one. Every point you made is exactly what i felt, too.

Pretty much bang on. Too much hype over this one. Every point you made is exactly what i felt, too.

I've put more time in, and played more of the content. Also, my aliasing issue disappeared. The sim is fantastic. I was wrong about my first impressions. It's all there. I'll be spending all my time with it from now on.

Later!

:)

I have a lot of respect for Kunos, and I've just reinstalled FVA for some 458 action, but the comments and the videos make me sad. I didn't intend to throw myself at AC after knowing that it would be on Steam, but I'm still fascinated by it.

Unfortunately, starting to sell the game before anyone has tried the AI, while there seems to be slowdown if you go off track, the reports of poor FFB and the lack of details about the "career", modes, etc. are just leaving me cold. I'm sure it will be worth trying, but since the Howston came out and all those performance improvements and historic tracks are surfacing, with the excellent FFB detail and customization, I'm glad I gave rF2 another chance.

Assetto Corsa will grow and become amazing eventually, but I don't think it will be right away.

Well, this has gone precisely the way I expected. That is what happens when you hype yourselves up.

Personally, I never hopped on the hype train, and that is probably why I'm enjoying the crap out of it.

Graphics wise, starting there because it's easiest to notice, it's a toss up, with a couple disclaimers. First of all, it's only on Silverstone and Mores (Personally, I think LD looks rather.... bland to the maximum) that rF2 looks as good as AC. The earlier content here is not even close. The second and perhaps most important disclaimer is car modelling. Frankly, ISI have done a rather poor job in this area, particularly in the cockpits. The cockpits look like they should, the displays are readable and work properly and do not look out of place. It helps so much with visual immersion. I should add that I have always been more on the side of "rF2 looks pretty darn good in motion" a stance I still hold. Some don't, so YMMV.

Sounds... both are rather poor. But both are also moddable, so that is "whatever" more or less. Particularly though close range out of car sounds are rather woeful in AC (think chase cam type distance) - now, I don't drive from chase cam, but remember, that is the sound you will be hearing when racing other cars. It does have some decent attenuation effects though, the Formula Abarth coming down Hangar Straight is next to silent until it comes up pretty close - pretty cool.

Physics - well, okay, I'll say I can't stand rF2's physics. I'm not a fan, the tires feel like nothing more than a giant rubber ball for a tire - driving here is about making a bunch of small corrections and basically micromanaging the car. I've said it before, I'll say it again - this sim drives like F1C did which we most everyone would point out a couple of obvious issues with car handling. Now, rF1 didn't drive like that, GSC doesn't drive like that, iRacing used to drive like that and is moving in the correct direction, nKP doesn't drive like that, my car doesn't drive like that. At times it shows flashes of brilliance, but just as quickly it makes me laugh. rF2 was hugely potential loaded in it's early builds, GSC was not as big of a player, iRacing largely drove quite terribly though the cars with the most recent revisions have surpassed rF2 by a decent distance. They have simply put squandered whatever advantage in this area they had just by taking too long / not coming to market strong enough / not coming to market with a HEAVY focus on historic content where rF2 works well. There, I said it. For the sake of this comparison, I had to.

Frankly, AC pretty much crushes it out of the park in most areas. Seeing how the topic is specifically the L49 - comparatively it feels like the tire actually has something resembling a contact patch. It's not exactly stable in the corners, though it isn't what could best be classified as suicide to attempt to drive it. In the corners, it is a comparable car to what iRacing has when I last drove it (which was before this last update there, the car is supposedly more stable though now). The thing that throws me off somewhat is the straight line behavior of the AC L49. Not that the car actually properly tracks, but it almost feels like it is generating downforce which I'm not sure should be the case, though the only way to find out would be to stick a 49 in the windtunnel. That said, if the setup has a bit of rake it could easily generate downforce suitable enough to keep the weight on the tires so not entirely odd.

Re : Formula Abarth - brilliant car. Kunos is still the only one to make a low to mid level open wheel car that feels like the mind trip they are purported to be. If you don't push like mad you don't stick, simple as that. It's 180 HP with wings and slicks - why WOULDN'T it stick like glue? I cannot think of a single other sim that allows me - no, forces me - to attack with an open wheel car below F1 and push myself to go deeper. You can actually hammer over the curbing without fear of instant death. Just looked up a video of that car at Imola, sure enough the brake points used and the ones I'm using in AC are very similar, sure enough the lap time is similar - as well as he attacked the large bubble curbing in Variante Alta and didn't die, a feat rarely replicated in sims with any sort of consistency. 200 HP cars on slicks aren't exactly wheelspining torque monsters.

There is a reason everyone who drives cars like that are flabberghasted by how fast they are and how hard mentally they are to drive. Even the GSC Formula 3 which I absolutely love and rate as one of the best cars in sim racing doesn't give me the same buzz.

Overall, the way grip is regained is supreme and that is where it shines, which is most on display in road cars. In easy to explain terms, it's like Standard Def TV versus HDTV. Sure, SD works just fine enough, but HD is just better. In other sims the cars have a tendency to just stop and grip coming out of a slide / drift, whereas in AC the car gradually grips up.

Regarding FFB, Gui explained it already.

I don't think FFB is an issue from the cars I tried. It feels like the FFB represents the feeling you get from the actual wheel in the car, which for anyone who has driven a car and can distinguish their feet from their hands, would know. The FFB gives you a feeling for what the tires are doing, the grip level, on top of the steering wheel simulation. To me the rF2 FFB tries to give you as much detail from the track as it can through the wheel, since most of us don't have means of adding FFB to our pedals, butts, and backs. But the FFB varies wildly in the cars, in rF2 I usually don't feel confident of the car because of the lack of feel I get from it (with most cars). In AC the FFB varies according to the car you drive but I always felt in control and connected.

Precisely this. It's weird at first, but really starts to become much more natural as you spend time with it. I would like some more butt info if you will, though I can't say it's worse because it is actually more correct. Just a couple of hints of butt info with what they have and it's golden.

Some of the cars seem to display some odd behavior sometimes. I've set everything up nice and good for my G25 today, a bit better, but there is still this obscene spring force that just flattens most of the feedback IMO. Not to mention the steering lag...>.>

Anyway, odd cars. The open wheeler Abarth seems weird to me, as to many of the others in the way they move their weight around. I was trying to get the Formula Abarth to lift the weight off the rear and induce a spin. On the throttle, lift off and brake while giving it a big steering input left and right. Could not get it to once feel skittish and snap the rear around. Not even snapping from left to right. This was at low speed too...so no downforce to squish the car into the track.
Now oddly to me, at higher speed with downforce, it would easily snap the rear around doing the same things. Seems odd to me.

The other thing I found amazing was how soft the Z4 is. I got a replay going over the rumble strips at Imola and it was like a massive jelly. To the point where the side skirts of the car were clipping a massive amount into the track, wheels being pushed right into the arch and then flopping back out with no resistance.
One thing with the Z4 to try is to weave like you are "warming the tyres up". It feels like there is no damping to its movement. It immediately leans over with bodyroll until it seems to hit a stopper. Same with hopping on and off the throttle and brake, it would pogo around a huge amount.

ATM I would agree with some comments I've seen which states the 458 as being the "best in the game. That did feel quite nice, and for once I was able to get a bit of wheelspin exiting corners in low gears. That and the old M3 are my favourites so far. Still loving the gearbox :D

I probably won.t buy it as I don't like Steam and I have my hands full with RF1 and RF2, but it would be interesting to hear what the ISI guys think of it. I know I know, this wont happen as they aren't going to hang shyte or say that it is better than RF2, but would be good to know if they think there is anything that they could say " that is a good idea " etc etc.

What do you say Tim..............:rolleyes::cool:

Personally, I never hopped on the hype train, and that is probably why I'm enjoying the crap out of it.

Graphics wise [...] car modelling. Frankly, ISI have done a rather poor job in this area, particularly in the cockpits. The cockpits look like they should [...] It helps so much with visual immersion

Sounds... both are rather poor [...] Particularly though close range out of car sounds are rather woeful in AC (think chase cam type distance)

Physics - well, okay, I'll say I can't stand rF2's physics. I'm not a fan, the tires feel like nothing more than a giant rubber ball for a tire - driving here is about making a bunch of small corrections and basically micromanaging the car.

Frankly, AC pretty much crushes it out of the park in most areas

Re : Formula Abarth - brilliant car [...] Even the GSC Formula 3 which I absolutely love and rate as one of the best cars in sim racing doesn't give me the same buzz.

Yes

Last edited:
Im very happy seing all the fan boys who spent 2 years complaining of RF2 development now having a BETA without multiplayer, AI´s controled cars or even damage.
This announce makes no sense. AC allways claim they want to be diferent, etc, but in the end they release something wich i think is just a "give me your Money" stuff. Who in perfect sense BUY A RACING GAME where you CANT RACE??!

Not only i will remain in RF2 as also the community i own. Long Life to RF2.

they promised bla bla bla...but at the end kunos is a very small software house with few experience..and resources...and they need MONEY...they ask me € 35 for a not sim release!! no multiplayer...no damage...no..ai..the same menu of the tech preview
hey man are you kidding me!?!

quote +100000000000000000000000000!

This thread is growing very fast to read all the replies so I just leave my impressions without reading them all.

I briefly tried yesterday and I probably didn't even adjust all settings correctly. This is my impression.

Visually not what I expected from the shots and videos I had watched.

FFB is unrealistic compared to rf2

I guess default FOV is too high since I couldnt determine the braking or turning point.

With aids off I didnt backspin or hit any wall a single time. This is opposite to what typically happens in rf2. It looks much easier to control and a bit arcady.

Globally I didn't like it very much due to the lack of naturality. I will try to optimize different settings to see if I can imorove my experience.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

To me it's like this......

The road cars don't stop or handle for crap, and the race cars have sooooo much grip it just isn't funny.

Makes hotlapping seem pointless, so bring on the MP/SP......

re aliasing......what're people referring to....jaggies on the edges on the tracks or the overall look of the game, as it does sometimes seem to have that heat haze look about it.

To me GSC 2013 have it right....I could live with that physics and FFB model for a long time

re aliasing......what're people referring to....

Jaggies over the edges of the models, the track and in the distance. To me, it's the same or worse than rF2. Always annoying when things start to shimmer and wobble when you start moving.

I notice what you say about heat haze, because there is some weird blurring in some spots. Just before you go out on track and the camera is panning around, there are some parts of the cars that look super blurry and muddy. The wheels on some of them especially. Maybe it's heat haze, but it just looks like vaseline on the camera lens XD.

Empty Box and very few others have given a proper review of Assetto Corsa. I suspect many have jumped into the game and found its not similar to other racing titles so simply quit and said it is rubbish. After a day and a half of testing I'm quite satisfied with the purchase and how the game performs currently.

Firstly when loading up the game it loads up very quickly. It seems to use 3 processes and this seems to help spread the load on the CPU and allow the game to run faster. First impressions is that the menu system is very clean and easy to follow. rF / rF2 has always had a good menu with many many options, if not looking visually the best. AC looks modern but at the same time there isn't many options for such as graphic details (car, world, track etc) which hopefully will be added. Obviously we don't buy the game for the menu system but it adds to the experience so is fairly important for first impressions.

Setting wheel up is easy for me (G25) and the first car I chose was BMW E30 M3 at Silverstone. On first loading a track its noticeably to see how much better a DX11 engine looks. Its my first racing game using DX11 but the tracks look realistic and natural. Textures are very good and FPS is surprisingly high and smooth. My only negative comment about the visuals is the yellow glare from concrete and some track surfaces which hopefully will be toned down.

On first driving I was very impressed by the handling and FFB. You have to remember most cars in this game have power steering, I'm not sure the Tatuus Open Wheeler but I suspect it has too. The BMW E30 is clear that it has 90's steel brake technology and that braking zones are long in this car. With 90's street tyres by default a slight late brake will cause big understeer and power on too early will cause the rear of the car to start oversteering, but most of all at a sensible speed the car is easy to control just like your very own road car! Put on the semi-slick option and just as a set of Toyo R888 semi-slick tyres do on a dry track, they stick very well with little braking of traction. However when you do break traction one thing AC does that many other sims don't is that you can recover your traction without spinning out in some absurd manner.

Next is the FFB. Yes it is heavy and you don't feel much, because the car has power steering. In your road car your steering wheel is also rather dead because of power steering. When driving down the road and you hit a bump and you do not feel it through the steering wheel, you feel it through your seat which is why in AC you do not feel bumps and rumble strips much through the wheel. The reason you feel kerbing, bumps, loss of grip much more in rF2, IR is because it seems they take FFB directly from the steering rack without it simulating any kind of power steering so you get 100% all forces. In AC you get maybe 50% because they take FFB on the steering wheel itself after power steering.

Also on FFB I imagine nobody altered setups and realised how much it alters you FFB which no other game does. In rF2 and IR you alter camber / suspension / tyre pressure and lap times are quicker, handling visually looks better but minimal change in FFB. In AC you reduce camber to have more contact patch on the road and FFB is much heavier, you increase camber and FFB is suddenly much lighter and this is something no other sim appears to do at this moment in time.

It is clear many people have never experienced full slick tyres when making statements such as the cannot induce spin on the Tatuus open wheel car when it weights 500kg with the driver inc, full slick soft tyres and only 200hp. Not to mention the default diff setup is 10% locking on power meaning that its pretty much never going to do a doughnut as the default setup for all cars is to understeer and be stable!

Not all things are great though. The Ferrari 458 seems woeful on the brakes and the BMW GT2 does seem to have either too much grip or too much downforce at speed. Also it is very much a beta and as many know, AI, damage and multiplayer isn't available yet. With AC we have paid for a proper Beta phase development just like we all have for rF2 where updates come in stages.

Jaggies over the edges of the models, the track and in the distance.

I'm running it close to max with 4xMSAA and it isn't noticeable to me, I'll pay more attention next time I fire it up{7950}.
I'm much more concerned with the tyre model than anything else in the game.

Thank's Sam, your post saves me a lot of typing! :)
I pretty much agree with all you wrote here!

Never shared this hyping of AC before, no one can perform miracles, at the end it's all hard work which take's time.

But i'm not disappointed at all.

Thank's Sam, your post saves me a lot of typing! :)
I pretty much agree with all you wrote here!

Never shared this hyping of AC before, no one can perform miracles, at the end it's all hard work which take's time.

But i'm not disappointed at all.

As you said I didn't jump on the hype train and I'm very happy with the product. People are dissapointed because they expect it to be the next big thing, but we have such good quality racing sims in rF2 and iR that any small improvement in handling / FFB is actually a massive one compared to what it may feel like.

had the most enjoyable experience this morning, opened up RF2 and had a blast with the AI. Finished that race and fancied a quick Time Attack in AC so went there. Just finished with the biggest grin on my face, two fantastic Sims both with very bright futures...now time for a beer!

Agree with what Sam Moss wrote above. There are however a few tweaks you have to do yourself in my opinion to get the game to a decent level:

In your graphics driver display settings, set max pre-rendered frames to 1. For some reason the game uses the display driver default, which seems to be 3. I think this is an oversight on the developers side, any game of this nature should by default force the lowest possible delay settings, but setting this manually will get rid of the display lag (or input lag as some call it, semantics in my opinion).

Lower the FFB gain ingame to 0.5-0.6, not raise it as most seem to do. With the default setting of 1 the FFB will clip in just about every corner and it makes for a very dull FFB feeling. This way it will be weaker, but you can actually feel more of the details.

Change FOV by using + and - keys. With the total lack of documentation it took me quite a while to find this until someone mentioned it on the official forums. Alternatively manually edit your Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\camera_onboard.cfg file to change the "FOV=XX" line.

Increase the FFB rate in steam\steamapps\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini from 100 to 333, "MAX_FF_RATE_HZ=333". This was lowered in a recent update to test if it fixed the problem with oscillating wheels but really just made FFB worse.

With these changes it's in my opinion the second best racing sim out there right now as far as driving is concerned. It's still a bit of a ripoff to charge 35 euro for a "time trial demo" though, but hopefully it won't be too long until they add some kind of racing at least... For now though I have to say I love driving the BMW street cars around!

What I REALLY like:

* Grafix
* Overall behavior of the car while going over curbs and bumps. including all the sound effects
* Easy UI to place different info boxes across the screen
* Triple screen tool! So easy to setup!

Though....

I can do impressive lap times without any practice with any car. while in rFactor I really need practice etc. I do not have any real life race experience. So not sure what would be the right feel. It feels better at times cause rFactor feels to icy to me sometimes, but AC cars are glued to the road, especially the Formula car o_O I have to work to spin...

I think both offer unique features. Overall very happy with it. I like having both :)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

IN FILE :

[ASSETTO_CORSA]
SLEEP_TIME=-1
WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=0

[MIRRORS]
RESOLUTION=512

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
MAX_FF_RATE_HZ=333

[AC_APPS]
ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1

----------------------------------------------------

enable apps to 1

-gives loads more apps ( pull in side menu ) found a lovely seat & head pitch adjustment ( was that there already? )
+ a stack of other stuff if you want to have a play
ive lowered mirror res too

AC run rock solid on my PC, I've now capped at 121fps (same as Iracing) yet it looks a lot better (not complaining about iracing),
It loads quickly too. Very nice polished software engine, few critical things missing but it's very very good for 1st beta release, hope the updates are decent, guess it will be mainly content & features

Everything calibrated without a hitch too

rfactor2 brabham gp Brianza one car max setting 35/40 fps
AC lotus 49 gp Brianza one car max setting 60 fps
PC: 4 Gbram ,7870XT OC 1150, FX 8320 OC 4.7 GZ

had the most enjoyable experience this morning, opened up RF2 and had a blast with the AI. Finished that race and fancied a quick Time Attack in AC so went there. Just finished with the biggest grin on my face, two fantastic Sims both with very bright futures...now time for a beer!

Haha cheers mate! Us simracers really are spoiled these days. Nothing but great sims emerging left and right, imo. :)

I like having a sim with a few more street versions of supercars. Also from the videos it looks perfect for tail-sliding and mocking about, which is a tiny bit impossible with full grown racers like in rF2. All in all, it's nice to have both. A great time for simracing and simracers with all the brilliant games we can play :3

Edit: The only thing we are missing right now is a next gen RBR successor *winkdirtmodeplswink* ;D

I think Ac does feel and look good
I think rf2 feels and looks good

Just glad both are installed and don't need to DVD swap lol

It's gonna be a good few years for pc sims I think

Re : Formula Abarth [...] It's 180 HP with wings and slicks - why WOULDN'T it stick like glue? I cannot think of a single other sim that allows me - no, forces me - to attack with an open wheel car below F1 and push myself to go deeper. You can actually hammer over the curbing without fear of instant death...

Because of this (and lots of videos that shows how you have to fight this car):

I hate that car in AC, It's just full throttle all the time, even in 2nd gear tight turns, and even jumping as crazy whil you fly over kerbs. It's weird, and apart the weird grip that car has, there is an annoying behaviour of suspensions, the car is ALL the time bouncing in a really strange way, and when you touch a kerb aggressively you can stay bouncing during all the turn and even in exit like hell. And more... when you lose the car in fast turns during braking It's weirdly easy to stay pushing full throttle with any spin or control lost. I tried to use Hard compound and lowest aero config and tried to use harder suspension, the results are the same, only a little more understeer, but no signs of oversteer.

And more... in AC when you lose grip with Formula (something you will not see because is really hard...), despite you are pushing full throttle, you lose suddenly much speed, and the car suddenly again gains grip and gain speed again (still full throttle all the time). It's all really strange :(

PS: and BMW GT2 have less understeer than Formula Abarth... and the same braking points than Formula even reaching way more speed, I'm not an expert, but the feeling of these competition cars are just weird and arcade like.

Edit: the impression I have of AC now It's... allways strange, I feel natural reactions, nice graphics and epic replays, and confortable driving, but nothing about the fear of spin or lose control. I feel like I drive safely despite pshing the car as hard as I can, because I allways feel like were lots of grip to use, but when I push more, I only get understeer, If I do not push more Its not because I can spin or lose control.... It's only because If I do It I will go straight due this "all the time here" understeer. And If anyone of you say that is reallistic... get out of here and go play AC... 48 hours playing non stop and I mastered 11 cars (in any other sim I would need that time to master 1 car or 2 as max), I can race with them in "the limit" during hours with no fear to spin, that's a weird feeling.

Last edited:
Because of this (and lots of videos that shows how you have to fight this car):

I hate that car in AC, It's just full throttle all the time, even in 2nd gear tight turns, and even jumping as crazy whil you fly over kerbs. It's weird, and apart the weird grip that car has, there is an annoying behaviour of suspensions, the car is ALL the time bouncing in a really strange way, and when you touch a kerb aggressively you can stay bouncing during all the turn and even in exit like hell. And more... when you lose the car in fast turns during braking It's weirdly easy to stay pushing full throttle with any spin or control lost. I tried to use Hard compound and lowest aero config and tried to use harder suspension, the results are the same, only a little more understeer, but no signs of oversteer.

And more... in AC when you lose grip with Formula (something you will not see because is really hard...), despite you are pushing full throttle, you lose suddenly much speed, and the car suddenly again gains grip and gain speed again (still full throttle all the time). It's all really strange :(

PS: and BMW GT2 have less understeer than Formula Abarth... and the same braking points than Formula even reaching way more speed, I'm not an expert, but the feeling of these competition cars are just weird and arcade like.
Pretty good post until the last three words.

Pretty good post until the last three words.

I'm obviously exagerating xD AC is far from be a simarcade, and I feel better drivng some street cars... but sometimes I feel Kunos is doing the same he did with last NKP patch...

Do you push the car to the limit? See Costa in Vallelunga, and push the car at the limit like him.. ;-)

Do you push the car to the limit? See Costa in Vallelunga, and push the car at the limit like him.. ;-)

I can ensure you I push even more ;) he can slide modulating throttle (you can hear It), I can't slide pushing full throttle in second gear even in U tight turns like Silverstone one. Or bouncing like hell in the next turn, It's all the time full brake full throttle with any signs or fear of oversteer, and I repeat, even with lowest downforce available and hard compound.

Let's try to do 1:02 constant lows in Silverstone in AC, and check If you have to push or not to achieve them. During that stint, no signs of oversteer or fear to crash, as allways.

PS: and in Vallelunga, in turns he slide I can go full throttle or almost full throttle after hard brakings, only limited by understeer, not oversteer. And he suffers oversteer in lots of turns...

All cars are way way to planted. The small FWD abarth is the only car that stands out, everything else is just...not my cup of tea.
However it IS fun to exit out of corners throwing the car around as you wish, as it gives you the feeling being the best racer ever.

But boy the GFX are, besides of some minor bugs which they will sort out soon I believe, very very good. I wonder if with DOF and accurate car movement you'd get the same "live" impression in replays in rF2 with proper car models. The car movement from the cockpit view is not really my thing in AC. Maybe you'd have to get used to it, dunno.
However, as already mentioned the recent ISI tracks are up there but the rest of the rF2 content is not even close to the AC GFX level.

Overall rF2 would need at least two or three polishing builds like the recent one to get on the same GFX level I guess.
But rF2 is faced with many more problems like rain stuff and night which might cause the devs some headache to get all GFX right with just one global setting I think. But TBH I have no idea about this matter.

But now that both players play with open cards :p I am looking forward to the improvements honestly. :cool:

my sum-up:

...let's wait for AC to leave BETA status behind for a fair comparision with rF2 :cool:

Back